ApplyApplications for September 2017 are now being accepted.
STEP 1 - REVIEW APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS BELOW
Qualifying for the Executive MBA in Aboriginal Business and Leadership program takes more than academic ability. We value your experience, skills and knowledge. Typical applicants are high-potential managers and executives looking for a new challenge outside of their current training and experience. They are professionals, consultants or entrepreneurs seeking new skills and knowledge, and are looking for a more strategic perspective and enhanced managerial competence. We will invite you for a personal interview to ascertain your qualifications.
The Executive MBA in Aboriginal Business and Leadership program Admissions Committee adjudicates applicants based on the following qualifications:
- Previous Education
- An undergrad degree in any discipline.
- A two-year technology diploma and outstanding grades will be considered.
- A limited number of people who lack a formal degree or professional designation, but have other outstanding qualifications may be admitted.
- Work Experience
- Applicants should have five to ten years of work experience, with at least four of those years in a managerial or professional position. Your work and life experiences in addition to your formal education are considered in the application review.
- Language Proficiency
- All courses in the EMBA program are taught in English, therefore all applicants must be fluent in English. English is the language of instruction and communication in the University. Accordingly, an applicant whose primary language is not English or whose previous education has been conducted in another language must demonstrate sufficient command of the English language as evidenced by achieving a satisfactory score on a standardized English test acceptable to the University. The three tests which are acceptable for this purpose are: The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) including reading, writing, speaking, and listening components, the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS), or the Pearson Test of Academic English (PTE).
STEP 2 - COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
The Graduate Studies Application System is open for the September 2017 intake.
If you have any questions please contact the Executive MBA in Aboriginal Business and Leadership office at 778.782.9819 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3 - PAY APPLICATION FEE
A $90 application fee (students with Canadian transcripts) or $125 (students with international transcripts) must be paid through the online graduate application system. (Please note, application fees are subject to change.)
Please note: If you do not complete your application or pay the application fee within one week of application completion, your application will be cancelled.
STEP 4 - UPLOAD OR SEND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Once you have paid the application fee, you may use the online application system to upload supporting documents for review. Applications are evaluated in the order in which they are completed. It is to your advantage to upload and submit your supporting documents early to avoid application peaks.
Documents to be Uploaded
Please upload the following supporting documents through the online application system:
- Resume: Please upload a complete resume showing employment, volunteer activities, education and other appropriate information.
- Transcripts: Please upload a copy of your official/unofficial transcript to expedite the evaluation process. Signed and sealed official transcripts are still required to be mailed directly to the Graduate Business program office. See below for details.
- Self Evaluation: Please upload a completed self evaluation in PDF format. Click here to download the Self Evaluation document.
- Organizational Chart: Please upload a copy of your organizational chart with your position indicated on it, if available.
Documents to be Delivered
In addition, please deliver the following supporting document(s) to the Graduate Business Program office at the following address:
Executive MBA in Aboriginal Business and Leadership
Beedie School of Business
Simon Fraser University
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 1W6
- Official Transcripts for credit courses from the Registrar of each post-secondary institution you attended is required to be sent directly to the Graduate Business program office. Only one copy is required from each institution. If the transcripts are issued to you, they must be signed and sealed by your post-secondary institution. You can submit a .pdf version to move the application process forward while the official transcript is in transit.