Archive for April, 2010
BASS is now looking for applicants who are interested in becoming the B3 (Burgers, Beverages, BASS) Coordinator.
As the B3 Coordinator, your term runs from May 17 to July 8. In your position, you’ll get to know and interact with various Business students, Faculty, and corporate sponsors. Any director position is a unique management experience; you’ll be able to directly apply the knowledge you gain from classes and build your network at the same time. Becoming a B3 Coordinator will open doors for you – Apply now!
· To apply for the B3 Coordinator position, please fill out this application form, along with your resume, and email it to Diane Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org by [Saturday, May 7thth @ 11:59pm.]
- Interviews will occur sometime between May 7 and May 14. Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Please save your documents as following:
For Application Form: First and Last Name_Position.doc
For Resume: First and Last Name_Resume.doc or pdf
BASS is now looking for someone Creative, Organized, Full of Enthusiasm, Loves Clothing and Merchandises to become the BAM ( Business Administration Merchandise) Chair.
BAM (The Business Administration Merchandise) is a subcommittee of BASS that is run like a business and specializes in outfitting the business student population with stylish threads. If you love SFU Business and BASS, become the BAM chair of 2010-2011!
This is your opportunity to put your marketing and business skills into action!
We’re putting our Business is in your hands
· To apply for BAM Chair, please fill out the attached application form, along with your resume, and email it to Diane Liu at email@example.com by Friday, MAY 14th @ 11:59pm.·
· Please save your documents as following:
Application Form: FirstNameLastName_Position.doc
Resume: FirstNameLastName_Resume.doc or pdf
Developing an awareness of your skills will help you to articulate them when you’re networking, in your resume and cover letter, and during interviews. Many people know intuitively what they are good at, but have difficulty putting this self-knowledge into words. Your goal should be to communicate this effectively in order to make a good first impression! Refer to the Transferable Skills section of the Professional Business Resumes guide within the Document Library on Career Network for a list of skills divided into categories. Read through the list, underline the skills that you have and truly enjoy using, and then think of specific examples that can support those top skills!
The Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) is pleased to announce the following scholarship for which candidates must be nominated:
This award is available to undergraduate students attending a university in a Western province who have completed their FIRST YEAR of their first bachelor degree program on a full-time basis, as defined by the nominating educational institution, and have attained a high academic standing in their postsecondary education to date.
There are four scholarships valued at $9,000 each.
Simon Fraser University is currently accepting applications. The SFU deadline is Friday, May 14, 2010.
The university nomination must arrive at the AUCC by June 1, 2010.
The application form is attached below.
The Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada is pleased to announce the following scholarship program:
ConocoPhillips Canada Centennial Scholarship Program
To support young Canadian visionaries who have a drive to make a difference in the future. The scholarship program encourages individuals with academic excellence and demonstrated leadership. The Centennial scholarship program will have a national presence and will create a legacy for ConocoPhillips Canada Centennial year.
Simon Fraser University is currently accepting applications. The SFU deadline is Friday, May 14, 2010.
The university nomination must arrive to the AUCC on or before June 1st, 2010. Each eligible institution may nominate only one candidate per field of study.
Number of Awards
Up to four 4 scholarships at the bachelor degree level or at the diploma level. Students are allowed to apply for an award in only one category.
Fields of study/Program requirements:
- 1 award will be open to students in any field of study or discipline;
- 2 awards will be open to students pursuing Petroleum studies;
- 1 award will be open to students pursuing environmental/sustainable development studies;
- Program must be of a minimum two-year duration;
- University preparatory programs in any jurisdiction are not eligible (e.g. CEGEPs-pre-university diploma).
Requirements for eligibility:
Eligible applicants must have:
- a minimum average of 70% (or the equivalent) over the last two semesters of available marks
- been nominated by the eligible institution. Each eligible institution may nominate only one candidate per field of study (maximum 3 candidates per institution)
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Up to $5,000 CAD per year for a diploma program, tenable for up to two consecutive years or until first diploma is obtained and includes:
- Up to $2,500 maximum per year for tuition and compulsory fees:
- $2,500 per year towards living expenses.
- Up to $10,000 CAD per year for a bachelor degree program, tenable for up to two consecutive years or until first undergraduate degree is obtained and includes:
- Up to $5,000 maximum per year for tuition and compulsory fees;
- $5,000 per year towards living expenses.
For more information:
Please refer to the attached program guidelines and application form.
Ever wondered what the research analysts who track a specific industry sector are saying to their investors? Maybe you’d be interested in hearing what key money managers have to say about their strategies and the investment climate, or what CEOs of major companies say (sometimes rather candidly!) about their company, their market, and their competitive challenges?
As you can probably guess, we’ve got a resource that will help with such questions: the Wall Street Transcript is available online from 2005 to one month ago (a short embargo on access to this valuable investment resource). This bi-weekly publication is in Business Source Complete.
Most issues tend to have a bit of a theme, so if you can find one article on your chosen industry or company, it’s likely that the rest of the issue will be worth browsing as well. For instance, the March 11, 2010 issue was focused on the Healthcare IT industry, the issue from Dec. 7, 2009 was largely about the natural gas sector and investing in Asia Pacific countries and companies, and the Oct. 19, 2009 issue was mostly about the biotechnology/pharmaceutical sector, with a little bit of online/specialty retail thrown in.
We’ve added this resource to our Industry Surveys and Company Information research guides.
The BUEC Buzz is a current awareness resource for the students and faculty members in Business & Economics at SFU. Its goal is to keep you informed of the many business & economics research resources available via the SFU Library (and beyond).
Go to the BUEC Buzz information page for details on tweets, RSS feeds, the deep archives, and the authors.
Our friends at Elated News are having a very unique competition right now that may be perfect for some of you. Their “Earn Your Dream Contest” is a sales competition that offers participants the chance to win their dream trip as well as earn great commissions along the way. They are having 3 sales coaches come in and have an intensive sales training program set up: If you’re looking to finally master sales this is your chance.
Elated News is accepting applications and holding interviews untill April 30th. To book an interview send them an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) including your reason for entering the competition. Training takes place May 2nd and the competition begins May 3rd.
When: Competition Runs May 3rd to May 28th 2010
Where: Vancouver, BC
What: We’re expanding our Inspiring Newspaper across Vancouver and want you to let business owners know we’re here. As part of our launch we’ve put together an incredible marketing package for business owners and need your help to introduce it.
For more information check out http://www.elatednews.com/dream . There is also a sweet video at the bottom.
The TOP 7 Reasons To Enter This Contest
1. Incredible Business to Business sales experience. We currently have 3 of Vancouver’s best sales consultants and coaches on as trainers for the month of May.
2. You get to be a part of a company that is changing the world for the better. People will say things like “I wish I worked for a company like that”
3. Great commissions during the 25 day contest with no long term obligation. We expect the top team to earn $7,500 or more PLUS the grand prize vacation!
4. Work with really fun people and have a great time.
5. The opportunity to win a once in a lifetime trip everyone will be jealous of. Of course you always have the option of including your friends in the trip.
6. Work autonomously with full support and motivation to do things your own way.
7. The best sales people will be offered a long term salaried position with Elated News…quite possibly the world’s greatest job.
Please direct all questions to Elated News – Thank you.
Finding a mentor can serve a variety of purposes with respect to your personal and career growth. A mentor can offer advice in terms of continuing education , job search, and networking, can give you feedback on your performance/abilities, or even act as a sounding board to bounce ideas off of. It takes time and commitment to find and develop a strong mentoring relationship, but for many, the persistence is well worth it. For more information on mentorship, visit: http://entrepreneurs.about.com/od/businessmentoring/a/businessmentor.htm
The SAP North America scholarship program wishes to recognize outstanding undergraduate students pursuing a degree in business, computer science, engineering or mathematics. Each academic year, SAP will award up to 15 students with a $5,000 scholarship (in local currency), intended to assist students in defraying tuition expenses for that one academic year.
SAP’s scholarship program has the following requirements:
- 2010/2011 academic year
- Each scholarship is $5,000 (local currency)
- The funds are intended to assist the student in defraying tuition and fee obligations and may not be used to cover other costs such as room and board
- If the student’s unpaid tuition and fee obligation is less than $5,000, the remaining amount may be carried forward to the next academic year, without the need for the student to re-qualify for that subsequent year
- The scholarship payment will be made directly to the designated and eligible college or university and is not transferable to other academic institutions
The student-applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student and making satisfactory progress within a four-year undergraduate program in an eligible college or university.
- Only students in the U.S. or Canada who are commencing their third/Junior or fourth/Senior year in the year for which the scholarship is granted are eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in:
- Computer Science
- Cumulative overall GPA of at least 3.5 (based on 4.0 scale), 4.5 (if based on a 5.0 scale) or 10.0 (if based on a 12.0 scale) for all undergraduate classes as of June 1, 2010.
- May not have received a scholarship award under this program or from SAP previously
- May not be a child, spouse or relative of an SAP employee
- Must have fully completed and timely submitted all application materials
The application and all required documents must be submitted electronically no later than 5:00pm Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) June 1, 2010.
- Incomplete or improperly completed materials will not be considered
- Materials received after the 5:00pm EDT deadline will not be considered
Students can now apply immediately via our online application at www.easymatch.com/sapscholarship .
The deadline for applications : The application and all required documents must be submitted electronically no later than 5:00pm Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) June 1, 2010.
If you have any questions please visit the application site or contact SAPscholarship@Easymatch.com.
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008