- Are you a confident writer?
- Are you interested in volunteer work that makes a meaningful difference in a person’s life and career?
The Beedie School of Business is recruiting new volunteers to act as Writing Mentors to undergraduate students taking business courses.
Beedie School Writing Mentors guide undergraduate writers in many areas of business and academic writing. Drawing on your strong writing skills, you will teach your fellow students how to improve their writing.
Mentors will receive 12 hours of specialized training in September 2012.
After successfully completing the training, mentors will volunteer approximately 2 hours each week over the course of two semesters.
- strong writing ability
- sound knowledge of the English language and rules of grammar and punctuation
- patient, enjoy helping people, good communicator
- tutoring experience in any subject (preferred)
- a grade of “B” or higher in BUS 360W
To Apply: Drop off a cover letter, résumé, and an official (or unofficial) copy of your transcript in WMX 3302. Address your application package to:
Kevin Stewart, Coordinator
Writing Mentorship Program
Beedie School of Business
Application Deadline: by 11am on Friday, August 24, 2012
For More Information: Contact Kevin Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org