[Case Competitions] Open Call for Team Applications
Deadline: Sun May 28, 2017May 05, 2017
Applications are now open for those interested in being considered for the Fall 2017 and early Spring 2018 national and international competitions. Upcoming competitions are TBA.
You must apply online by 11:59pm on Sunday May 28th in order to declare your interest in competing and to then schedule your presentation time or video submission.
All applicants must be prepared to be available in the first two weeks of June to either make a case presentation in person on Burnaby Campus or make a video submission of their presentation. The specific dates for presentations will be announced to applicants after May 28th. They are intended to be scheduled on a weekday between June 1 and 16, 2017.
After May 28th, applicants will be contacted regarding the presentation requirements and next steps for scheduling a presentation or submission deadline. Selected applicants will receive a case 24 hours in advance of the scheduled presentation time or video submission deadline via email and you will be expected to present for 5 minutes with a powerpoint deck and to sustain 5 minutes of Q&A.
IMPORTANT: All applicants who enter the competition selection process must commit to whatever competition team they are selected for should they wish to compete on behalf of Beedie. Should an applicant be selected and then withdraw, it will affect their future applications to all other Beedie competitions.
Apply Here: http://beedie.sfu.ca/dashboard/student-engagement/case-comp/application/apply.php
Deadline for applications is 11:59pm on Sunday May 28th.
- Enrolled as a full-time Beedie School of Business student in a major or joint major program in Fall 2017 and Spring 2018.
- minimum CGPA 2.67
- Have past case experience
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Be ready to commit between 10-15 hours per week in preparation and training (competitors are recommended to take no more than 3 courses in order to accommodate the training workload)
- Applicants should be well into their upper division classes with preference given to those who have completed 3 or more classes in their respective concentration
- Preference will be given to those who have completed BUS 478
- Applicants may not be committed to a co-op term in the Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 semester
If you have questions – please contact Melissa-Sue Read at email@example.com