BrainStation – Technical Interviewing 101
Event: Thu August 10, 2017Aug 02, 2017
Planning to interview for a technical role? Whether you’re a Computer Science student or grad, training to become a Developer or Software Engineer, or a Hiring Manager looking for technical roles, join us Thursday, August 10th at 6:30pm for an in-depth discussion on preparing for and excelling in technical interviews.
You’ve got the skills, but how can you go about showcasing them effectively? Our expert panelists will weigh in on what they look for in applicants, what impresses them the most, and how you can take your skills and stand out from the competition.
What You’ll Learn
- How to plan for a technical interview
- Steps for building an impressive portfolio
- The key traits Hiring Managers look for in technical applicants
- Ways to set yourself apart
- How to speak effectively and confidently
- A look at typical technical interview questions
- Intro to whiteboarding questions and how to approach them
What You’ll Get
- Intimate discussion and Q&A with some of Canada’s leading technologists
- A BrainStation notebook & pen for note-taking purposes
- Light snacks and refreshments!
This event is free to Beedie students using promo code: TECHNICAL100