Seymour Salmonid Society Volunteer TreasurerAug 29, 2017
The Seymour Salmonid Society is seeking a volunteer Treasurer to join our Board of Directors.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the Society and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organization.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the Society.
- Make fellow financial committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at BoD meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
- Cheque signatories
- Purchasing limits
- Purchasing systems
- Petty cash/ float
- Salary payments
- Others as appropriate
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals, and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner
- Oversee the bookkeeping duties and ensure bookkeeping is kept up-to-date.
- Maintain the petty cash system and regularly process petty cash claims.
- Along with the Hatchery Manager arrange payments to creditors as appropriate and arrange appropriate signatures on payments.
- Make the necessary arrangements to collect payments from debtors and bank payments promptly.
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organizations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Willingness to seek assistance from the Society’s accountant when greater expertise is needed.
In addition to the tasks above, the Board of Directors meets once every month or two in North Vancouver. The Treasurer will also be expected to meet with the Finance Committee on an as needed basis.
About the Seymour Salmonid Society
Seymour Salmonid Society is a non-profit organization that operates the Seymour River Fish Hatchery and Education Centre. We enhance salmon populations and encourage proper management of fisheries in the Seymour River. Our mission is to educate the public about the value of the Seymour River and the salmonids it supports as a resource for everyone living in British Columbia. The Society has three full time staff and close to 600 volunteers.
For more information please visit our website at http://www.seymoursalmon.com/.
Please respond to this ad to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Shaun directly at 604-802-7482 if you have any questions.