Beedie Urban Development Program – Program Manager Applications
Deadline: Fri September 22, 2017Sep 13, 2017
Beedie Urban Development Program: Program Manager
The Beedie Urban Development Program will aim to equip business students with the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue a career in urban development. They will be trained through workshops that tea-ch them the fundamental skills around urban development. They will also have the opportunity to network with industry professionals through coffee chats, office tours and other networking events. The program is designed for a small number of students who are extremely passionate about pursuing a career in this industry
The Program Manager for the Beedie Urban Development Program will focus on overseeing the Directors of the program and assist in the planning of workshops, events, community and university relations.
Goal: to coordinate the Directors and oversee the implementation of the program.
Duties and responsibilities:
● Formulate, organize and monitor the development of the program
● Recruit Directors and Coordinators
● Assist the Directors in the development of the curriculum and planning of events
● Decided on suitable strategies and objectives
● Seek new partnerships with community partners
● Maintain relationships with key stakeholders including the faculty and other community
● Develop the pitch for securing funding for the program
● Develop the vision and long term plan
● Previous experience in a management role leading other team members
● Knowledge of the urban development industry
● Strong leadership and organizational skills
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to problem solve
As the Program Manager, you will be able to strengthen your leadership and communication skills through managing a team of Directors and Coordinators, learn how to problem solve, and gain in-depth knowledge about urban development.
Applications must be received no later than 11:59 PM on September 22, 2017.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview held on September 27, 2017