RBC and PH&N Investment Services – Female Mentorship Program Info Session
Event: Thu September 21, 2017Sep 14, 2017
Curious about exploring a career in finance and capital markets but don’t know where to start?
Discover how you could be given the rare opportunity to be mentored by professionals from RBC Global Asset Management and RBC Phillips, Hager & North.
Information Session open to Year 2-3 female BBAs:
RBC Mentorships for Women In Investment Management Information Session
Thursday, September 21
12:30pm – 1:20 pm
About the Mentorship Program:
RBC, RBC Global Asset Management, and RBC Phillips, Hager & North wish to raise awareness among female students of the broad range of challenging and highly rewarding careers across the capital markets. For a small number of female Beedie BBA students beginning their 2nd year of university, this program will provide 1-on-1 mentoring by a female or male professional at RBC throughout the academic year (October -May).
The purpose of the program is for the mentee to learn about possible career paths in finance and the challenges and rewards of those careers. Applicants admitted to the program are expected to attend “ice-breaker” events, as well as pursue monthly meetings with their Mentor to maximize the learning available from the program.
Selection Criteria: Staff from the Beedie School in conjunction with RBC will assess applicants along the following lines:
- Academic performance: primarily Year 1 university grades
- A curiosity and motivation to learn about careers in the capital markets
- An ability to work with others and place team goals above individual ones
- Community engagement and/or extra-curricular activities
- An outgoing and engaging personality and a strong drive to keep learning
- Applicants must be submitted via Beedie Community – Job ID 15936
- A cover letter explaining why the candidate desires to participate in this program
- A one-page resume
- A university transcript (showing GPA from previous year)