[SFU] Peer Educators
Deadline: Sun November 19, 2017Oct 10, 2017
What is Peer Education?
Peer Education programs offer peer-to-peer education and outreach on campus. By participating in one of the programs below, you will learn how to support and educate your peers on a particular subject matter. There is also a personal development aspect embedded in each program to encourage professional and developmental growth in Peer Educators.
The following programs are recruiting for start dates in Spring 2018:
- Active Living Peer Educator (supported by SFU Recreation)
- Career Peer Educator (supported by SFU Career Services)
- Global Student Engagement Committee (supported by the Global Student Centre and International Services for Students)
- Learning & Writing Peer Educator (supported by the Student Learning Commons, in the Library)
Peer Educators will:
- Develop and practice key transferable skills including communication and leadership
- Support your peers and build community on campus
- Meet new people
- Receive recognition on your Co-Curricular Record upon program completion
- Be eligible for a fee waiver for Passport to Leadership
- Be invited to the Outstanding Volunteer Appreciation Gala (https://www.sfu.ca/students/get-involved/recognition/volunteer-gala.html) .
Review detailed job descriptions and applications forms:
Apply via myinvolvement.sfu.ca.
Application deadline: Sunday, November 19, 2017 11:59pm