Technology Entrepreneurship@SFU (Tech e@SFU) Applications
Deadline: Thu March 15, 2018Feb 07, 2018
Technology Entrepreneurship@SFU (Tech e@SFU) is an exciting, hands-on program for third- and fourth-year Mechatronics and Entrepreneurship & Innovation students that lets students:
- Solve real problems and needs with market and user-driven products and solutions
- Gain experience in technological innovation
- Start their own tech venture
- Build multi-talented, interdisciplinary teams
- Access the best entrepreneurship resources, mentors, networks, and training in the lower mainland
- Have access to a share of a $25,000 prototyping fund to make their business ideas a reality
- Receive a monetary award of $750
- Complete credit towards half the Certificate of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Teams design/prototype market-driven products and systems, produce a business plan and obtain a lead customer, all with the help of exclusive training and workshops, access to industry experts, dedicated mentorship and access to real and significant funding.
Even if you don’t choose to run your venture after the program, these experiences help you stand out to top employers, such as Traction on Demand and Tesla, who currently employ Tech e@SFU grads!
Sound good? You should apply to Technology Entrepreneurship @ SFU (Tech @sfu)!
Who Should Apply?
Beedie, Mechatronic Systems Engineering, Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) students or any students who are interested in technology, want real experience (including funding, mentorship and support) and who will be ready to take BUS 477 in Spring 2017 and BUS 406 in Summer 2019.
What do our graduates have to say?
“It has inspired a lifestyle change and reshaped the way I think” – Joseph Fredrick, Economics
“I have a much more open mindset now and I’m way more flexible than I used to be” – Rachel Chase, Beedie
“The Tech-E program was the highlight of my entire academic career. This program has opened so many opportunities for me, and substantially aided my pursuit of entrepreneurship” -Ryan Threlfall, Mechatronics Systems Engineering (MSE)
More Information and Application
Deadline to apply: March 15, 2018 (Or until program is full. Suitable applicants are accepted on a rolling basis, so apply soon!)
Start Date: Late Spring 2018