Watch UBC and SFU students pitch their social ventures to win up to $1,000 in seed funding!
We invite you to The Be a Changemaker Challenge Selection Panel to watch the top teams of SFU and UBC students pitch their ideas for creating their own social ventures. The Selection Panel will bring together six business and social entrepreneurs who will select the winners. Panelists include: James Tansey (ISIS, Sauder School of Business, UBC), Tom Lawrence (Beedie School of Business, SFU), John Nicola (Nicola Wealth Management & Ashoka Support Network Member), Shannon Vanderwoerd (Starbucks Canada), Elisha Muskat (Ashoka Canada) and an Ashoka Fellow (TBD).
Please join us alongside business and social venture leaders from around B.C. to hear the newest ideas from the next generation of changemakers!
Be a Changemaker Challenge Selection Panel
UBC Robson Square, Theatre (C300), 800 Robson Street
6-8 p.m. – Selection Panel
8-9 p.m. – Drinks, appetizers, networking & announcement of winning teams
Be a Changemaker Challenge – Overview
This exciting opportunity is brought to you by Ashoka Canada and Ashoka’s Youth Venture, hosted by the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University (SFU) & University of British Columbia (UBC) and powered by Starbucks, with the vision to enhance the social entrepreneurship experiences of all students.
This challenge consists of:
- University-wide call to action across the SFU & UBC campuses for students to create, launch and sustain social ventures.
- Full day bootcamp for nearly 100 SFU and UBC students October 1st
- Action plan development by students with resources such as, a user-driven online learning platform, staff support, and mentorship.
- Selection of up to 10 teams for the seed funding of $1,000 at the Be a Changemaker Challenge Panel November 23rd
- Ongoing post-launch support and fellowship for students’ social ventures as well as changemaker skills development and leadership with a global movement of 100,000+ Changemakers in the Youth Venture network
Follow and contribute to the conversation on Twitter #CMChallenge.