Apply to Graduate
Are you ready to graduate?
You are eligible to apply for graduation during the term in which you are completing your final degree requirements. To avoid missing any deadlines and late penalties, please apply to graduate in the second week of your last term.
Second to Last Term:
- Ensure that all of your degree and certificate programs, including related concentrations, are accurately declared on your transcript. To do so, complete the Concentration Declaration Webform or Certificate Declaration Webform to request any necessary updates before applying for graduation.
- Visit an Academic Advisor to complete a graduation check before your course enrollment date for your last term. This ensures that you will be able to register for courses required for graduation.
- Review the SFU deadlines webpage for important dates and associated fees related to graduation applications. Note: if you are completing both a degree (BBA) and a certificate, you will need to apply and pay the application fee for each credential.
Last Term of Classes:
First Week of Classes:
If you did not do so in the previous term, complete steps 1 to 3 under “Second to Last Term” above.
Second Week of Classes:
- Complete and submit your online graduation application(s) through go.sfu.ca and pay your graduation fee. Review the deadlines website more information on deadlines, fees, penalties, and refunds. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have an outstanding grade change? Ensure any grade changes have been processed by the end of your final term as grades cannot be altered following graduation. Consult with a Beedie Academic Advisor
- Review important convocation information, including the dates and times of the convocation ceremonies.
Once you have applied and paid your graduation fee, the Beedie School of Business will review your application. Once final grades are released, we complete a final review and if you satisfy all graduation requirements, you will be recommended to Senate for graduation. Senate will meet in the upcoming term to award degrees. This is the same term that the convocation ceremony is held.
If we find that you are missing a graduation requirement(s), the Beedie School of Business will contact you through your SFU email account. It is important that you check your email regularly during your final term.
After Your Last Term:
- If you meet all graduation requirements, you can print your credential completion letter, if needed, while you wait for your Senate Letter. This is helpful for any students applying for a post-graduate work permit, graduate studies, or who need proof that they have satisfied their degree requirements for a prospective employer. You will receive an email notification to your SFU account when this is available.
- Prepare for convocation by confirming your attendance at convocation and reserving your regalia. Please note, if you are a student with a disability and you require assistance at your ceremony please complete the application for convocation assistance here.
- Attend your convocation ceremony! (Unable to attend? No problem, you can still get your parchment!)