Developing the skills to empower Beedie’s emerging leaders
What is Leadership Training?
The Leadership Training program is a series of workshops that will provide you with the essential hands on skills you need to be successful in student organization positions. It will set you apart from others and teach you how to be a better leader within a club. Here is a sampling of what a combination of Professionals, Alumni & Senior students will help you learn:
- Self awareness: learn about what your strengths are and how to best utilize them in a team environment
- Communication: learn strategies and techniques to be a more effective communicator
- Leading others: learn what it takes to be a leader and how to work towards becoming one
- Problem solving: learn how to handle challenging situations that often occur in student organizations
- Working with external stakeholders: learn about how to build and maintain relationships with industry professionals
Leadership Training participants are students that have just begun their leadership journey. Often in their first years in the Beedie School of Business, participants have managed small teams of less than 5 people, and are interested in taking on greater leadership roles within Beedie student organizations in the future.
The program will consist of:
- 4 main workshop sessions on January 16, 23, 30 and February 6, 2016 at the SFU Burnaby Campus.
- Online course content to prepare for workshops (1-2 hrs. a week)
- Assignments (1-2 hrs. a week)
- Guest Speakers & Networking
- $50 (fee will be due once accepted into the program)
Application for the Program:
Click here to apply, starting November 3rd. Application deadline is November 29th.
Questions? Please contact the SEO Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is a collaboration between senior students, alumni and the Student Engagement Office.