Beedie Protége Leadership Training
Developing the skills to empower Beedie’s emerging leaders
What is Beedie Protége?
Beedie Protége is a series of workshops that will provide you with the essential hands on skills you need to be successful in student organization positions. It will set you apart from others and teach you how to be a better leader within student organizations. Here is a sampling of what a combination of Professionals, Alumni & Senior students will help you learn:
- Self awareness: learn about what your strengths are and how to best utilize them in a team environment
- Business communication: learn strategies and techniques to be a more effective communicator
- Event planning: learn how to plan and execute a successful event
- HR processes: learn how to handle challenging situations and interactions that often occur in student organizations
- Working with external stakeholders: learn how to build and maintain relationships with industry professionals
Beedie Protége participants are students that have just begun their leadership journey. In their first year in the Beedie School of Business, participants have a drive, commitment, and interest in taking on greater leadership roles within Beedie student organizations in the future.
The program will consist of:
- 5 main workshop sessions on January 27th, February 10th, 24th, March 10th, 24th 2018 at the SFU Burnaby Campus.
- Online course content to prepare for workshops (1-2 hrs. a week)
- Assignments (1-2 hrs. a week)
- Attendance of two signature club events
- Guest Speakers & Networking
- $50 (fee will be due once accepted into the program)
Application for the Program:
Application are open from Nov.10th to Nov. 19th at 11:59pm
Apply Now! Applications can be found here
Questions? Please contact the SEO Coordinator at email@example.com