Beedie students honoured at Surrey Board of Trade 25 Under 25 Awards
Apr 21, 2017
A total of 15 students and alumni of Simon Fraser University, including 12 from the Beedie School of Business, were named among the Surrey Board of Trade’s 25 Under 25 at a ceremony at the Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel on April 20, 2017.
At the event, the Surrey Board of Trade recognizes business and community minded people under the age of 25, either working in Surrey or working on a business or community related project in or for Surrey. The top 25 winners are annually recognized as a role model for their community at an awards reception.
The award winners reflect Beedie’s commitment to actively engaging with its communities, and developing students through experiential, innovative and transformative learning opportunities, as outlined in the School’s new mission statement, Vision 2022.
Beedie student Braeden Peterson earned his award as a result of his involvement in a range of community and business activities, including founding two student organizations promoting charitable work Actions Worth Taking and Students for Humanity, as well as working as Sales and Marketing Director for Calico Jewellers, and launching two further companies outside of his academic study.
“I am extremely honoured,” says Peterson. “Many people have impacted my life and I have always wanted to do the same for others, whether that is through volunteering with youth, organizing food drives, creating a humanitarian student club, or developing a clean tech company. This recognition is a confirmation that the effort I have put in is appreciated.”
Napassorn Limapichat was another Beedie student to win a place on the list, for her enthusiastic work with social enterprise Soap for Hope, which operates as part of the student group Enactus SFU.
“I am beyond ecstatic and grateful to be receiving this award,” says Limapichat. “Being a part of Enactus SFU this year has taught me to focus on my own growth by leveraging my strengths to inspire others and give back to my community.”
This year’s Beedie students named in the 25 Under 25 include:
- Simrenjit Boyal, Director of Program Management, Enactus SFU
- William Brenner, co-founder of Orello Hearing Technology, which designs hearing aids that can be customized and tuned up without seeing a specialist.
- Calvin Cheng, Product Development for Refresh, a sustainable program reusing excess food products, and a part of Enactus SFU
- Yosof Hakimi, Production Manager at Coast Cards, a part of Enactus SFU, and Founder of Pixel Solutions
- Napassorn Limapichat, Public Relations Manager for Soap for Hope, part of Enactus SFU
- Crystal Lin, Program Manager at Banner Bags, a part of Enactus SFU
- Madeline Millsip, Education Manager at Banner Bags, a part of Enactus SFU, founder of YoutHatch, supporting student volunteering activities, and Board Member for Dress for Success Vancouver
- Alexandria Mitchell, Economic Development with the City of Surrey and current MBA candidate at Beedie School of Business
- Braeden Peterson, President and Founder of Actions Worth Taking, Founder of Students for Humanity, External Relations Director for Jumpstart, Sales and Marketing Director for Calico Jewellers, Founder of LOCUS and SmartParks
- Rajin Shokar, President of Enactus SFU
- Emad Sholi, Business Analyst at TELUS, and Beedie BBA Alumnus
- Karamveer Virdi, Director of Program Development at Enactus SFU
Click here for the full list of award winners.