In addition to industry professionals as guest speakers in the classroom, each semester the Beedie School of Business invites CEOs, senior managers and other distinguished speakers to the Segal Graduate School to share their experiences and advice with MOT MBA students. It is a unique opportunity to learn from and network with leaders in the business of technolgy and biotechnolgy in an intimate, classroom setting.
Recent Speakers: Technology
- David Demers, CEO, Westport Innovations Inc.
- Jonathan Burke, Vice President, Global Market Development, Westport Innovations Inc.
- Paul Terry, Entrepreneur In Residence, SFU Venture Labs
- Geoff Auchinleck, Chair, Medical Device Development Centre
- Geoffrey Ozin, Co-Founder, Opalux
- John Clement, Chief Technical and Development Officer, Icotherapeutics
- Tony Phipps, Director Business Development, Ventyx Software
- Troy Anderson, Sr. Director Mid Market North America, SAP (Business Objects)
- Guy MacAree, Investor Relations, Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- Catherine Ducharme, Partner, outsidein communications
- Gabriel Batstone, Vice President - Business Development & Sales
- Jack Gin, Founder, President & CEO, Extreme CCTV
Sam Znaimer, General Partner, Ventures West
- Andrew Coates
Howard A. Thompson
- A. Brent York, Senior Director, IP Strategy SSL, Philips Intellectual Property and Standards
- Bill Tam, CEO EQO Communications
- Chloe Morrow, AVP, Product Development at Central1 Software
Eric Moellor, former Senior Manager Product Management, Business Objects, an SAP company
Marc Borbas, VP Marketing Inetco
Ellie Sykes, VP Qualitative and Online communities, Angus Reid Strategies
Mike Rodenburg, VP Research Services, Angus Reid Strategies
Harold Schellekens, Manager, Enterprise Reporting Program Management Team, SAP
Chris Ryan, Director of Usability, Vision Critical
Greg Smith, Seed Investments, BDC
Euan Taylor, Davis LLP—Patent and Trademark Agent
Jaylene Crick, Director of Marketing, Safe Software
- Linda Diano, VP Operations, enGene Inc.
- Dr. Michael J. Abrams, Co-Founder, President & Chief Executive Officer, AnorMED Inc.
- Dr. Christopher C. Gallen, President & Chief Executive Officer, Neuromed Technologies Inc.
- William D. Milligan, Senior Vice President Corporate Development & Chief Business Officer, MIGENIX Inc.
- Dr. Charles Fisher, Chief Medical Officer & Executive Vice President, Clinical and Regulatory Affairs, Cardiome Pharma Corp.
- Dr. Simon Pimstone, Co-Founder, President & Chief Executive Officer, Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Dr. John R. North, President & Chief Executive Officer, Inimex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Eric A. Adams. President & Chief Executive Officer, enGene, Inc.
- Norma K. Biln, Chief Executive Officer, Augurex Life Sciences Corp.
- Timothy M. Ruane, Formerly President & Chief Executive Officer, Tekmira Pharmaceuticals
- Dr. Mark J. Murray, President & Chief Executive Officer, Tekmira Pharmaceuticals
- Jim Hatch PhD, Ivey School of Business- Finance
- Ken Galbraith, Principal, Ventures West (Life Sciences Sector), Former CEO AnorMed
- Bill Adams, Former CEO / CFO AnorMED
- Graeme Falkowsky, Executive Managing Director of Investment Banking for BMO Nesbitt Burns
- Bill Christiansen, SEED Intellectual Property Law, Seattle Washington
- Barclay Kamb, Cooley Godwards, Lawyers for New Ventures – Biotech division, Palo Alto California