The purpose of the SFU Beedie School of Business Advisory Board (BAB) is to help further the mission and calling of the SFU Beedie School of Business. It acts as a supportive and visible body of leadership, influence and guiding force within the constituencies the SFU Beedie School of Business serves. The Board provides a link to those individuals and organizations with the resources, knowledge, and contacts the School requires to achieve its objectives and enact its calling.
The Board serves five main functions:
- To advise the School, through the Dean, on issues that have the most significant impact on the accomplishment of the School’s mission, calling, and strategy.
- To communicate, endorse and advocate the School’s interests to external constituencies – nationally and internationally.
- To support and connect the School’s goals, programs, Centers, departments, faculty, students and staff to the community, locally, nationally and internationally.
- To assist the School in meeting its financial advancement objectives, through direct participation in the identification and cultivation of significant forms of support from individuals and organizations within its principal constituencies.
- To serve as a confidential sounding board to the Dean on issues pertaining to the advancement of the School and the achievement of its vision and calling.
The SFU Beedie School of Business Advisory Board meets twice each year (May/June and November) in Greater Vancouver, BC.
SFU Beedie Advisory Board
Chair, Beedie School of Business Advisory Board, Corporate Director and Chair of the Board, CPA BC
Evaleen Jaager Roy
Vice Chair, Beedie School of Business Advisory Board, Principal, Jaager Roy Advisory Inc.
Chippewas of the Nawash First Nation, Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Law, University of Victoria Law School
Honorary Board Members
Kevin BentCEO, Rides.ca
Jim BoguszCOO, The Beedie Group
Catherine BoiviePrincipal, Strategic Technology Leadership Corp.
Lloyd CraigFormerly Coast Capital Credit Union
Jamie Gray-DonaldSenior VP Sustainability, Enterprise Innovation, QuadReal Property Group
Andrew HarriesProfessor of Practice, Beedie School of Business
Stuart PaynePresident & CEO, Saatchi & Saatchi
Andrew RaePresident & CEO, iCO Therapeutics Inc.
Haroon RashidDirector, Paradigm Gateway Ltd.
Lilian TanManaging Director & Senior Advisor, Bank Julius Baer
Mossadiq UmedalyEntrepreneur & Principal, Business Strategy Associates
Business Technology Management (BTM) Advisory Board
Beedie Endowment Asset Management (BEAM) Fund Advisory Board
Senior Vice President and Senior Portfolio Manager, Raymond James
Partner, Linde Equity
Vice President, Portfolio Manager, Leith Wheeler Investment
Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Phillips Hager & North
Student Investment Advisory Service (SIAS) Fund Advisory Board
Vice President and Investment Counsellor, RBC Phillips Hager & North
Investment Counsellor, RBC Phillips Hager & North
Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income, RBC Phillips Hager & North
Retired. Vice President and Director, Sceptre Investment Cousel Ltd.
Portfolio Manager, HSBC Global Asset Management
Jack Austin Centre for Asia Pacific Business Studies Advisory Council
Segal Graduate School
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC Canada