The purpose of the SFU Beedie School of Business Advisory Board (BAB) is to help further the mission and calling of the SFU Beedie School of Business. It acts as a supportive and visible body of leadership, influence and guiding force within the constituencies the SFU Beedie School of Business serves. The Board provides a link to those individuals and organizations with the resources, knowledge, and contacts the School requires to achieve its objectives and enact its calling.
The Board serves five main functions:
- To advise the School, through the Dean, on issues that have the most significant impact on the accomplishment of the School’s mission, calling, and strategy.
- To communicate, endorse and advocate the School’s interests to external constituencies – nationally and internationally.
- To support and connect the School’s goals, programs, Centers, departments, faculty, students and staff to the community, locally, nationally and internationally.
- To assist the School in meeting its financial advancement objectives, through direct participation in the identification and cultivation of significant forms of support from individuals and organizations within its principal constituencies.
- To serve as a confidential sounding board to the Dean on issues pertaining to the advancement of the School and the achievement of its vision and calling.
The SFU Beedie School of Business Advisory Board meets twice each year (May/June and November) in Greater Vancouver, BC.
SFU Beedie Advisory Board
Corporate Director and Chair of the Board, CPA BC, Chair, Beedie School of Business Advisory Board
Evaleen Jaager Roy
Principal, Jaager Roy Advisory Inc., Vice Chair, Beedie School of Business Advisory Board
Chief Executive Officer and Senior Partner, KPMG LLP, Past Chair, Beedie School of Business Advisory Board
Professor and Founding Secretary General, Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative (GRLI)
Chippewas of the Nawash First Nation, Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Law, University of Victoria Law School
Business Technology Management (BTM) Advisory Board
Business Analytics and Decision Making (BADM) Advisory Board
Beedie Endowment Asset Management (BEAM) Fund Advisory Board
Senior Vice President and Senior Portfolio Manager, Raymond James
Partner, Linde Equity
Vice President, Portfolio Manager, Leith Wheeler Investment
Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Phillips Hager & North
Student Investment Advisory Service (SIAS) Fund Advisory Board
Vice President and Investment Counsellor, RBC Phillips Hager & North
Investment Counsellor, RBC Phillips Hager & North
Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income, RBC Phillips Hager & North
Retired. Vice President and Director, Sceptre Investment Cousel Ltd.
Portfolio Manager, HSBC Global Asset Management
Jack Austin Centre for Asia Pacific Business Studies Advisory Council
Senior Advisor - International, Stern Partners
President and CEO, Asia Pacific Foundation
Senior Strategy Advisor, David LLP
Honorary Professor, Institute of Asian Research, UBC
Chairman, President and CEO, CIBT Education Group
Senior Fellow, UBC School of Public Policy and Global Affairs
Professor, Technology and Operations Management, SFU Beedie School of Business
President and CEO, AdvantageBC
Managing Partner, Baker McKenzie - Beijing
Evaleen Jaager Roy
Principal, Jaager Roy Advisory Inc
Chairman, Dornoch Capital Inc.
National Practice Group Co-Leader for China, Dentons
Professor, Global Business Strategy, SFU Beedie School of Business
Senator, Government of Canada
Segal Graduate School
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC Canada