SFU Beedie welcomes business leaders to newly constituted Advisory Board
Jan 10, 2019
SFU’s Beedie School of Business has attracted 25 senior figures from business and academia to serve on its newly constituted Beedie School of Business Advisory Board. The Advisory Board members will assist the school in realizing its strategic vision by providing expertise, guidance and direction. The Beedie School of Business Advisory Board replaces the Dean’s External Advisory Board at the school.
“We are honoured to welcome such highly-respected individuals to the Beedie Advisory Board, to share their deep knowledge of global business,” says SFU Beedie Dean Ali Dastmalchian.
“Close connections with the business community are invaluable to ensuring SFU Beedie is best able to remain relevant and serve our students in this time of unprecedented change across many industries. I am extremely grateful to our Advisory Board members for committing their time and expertise to our school’s future development.”
Drawn from a wide range of industries including financial services, real estate and tech, as well as academia, the Advisory Board members also bring rich international experience from working in many countries and businesses globally, in line with SFU Beedie’s commitment to providing a global perspective.
The 25 members of the Beedie School of Business Advisory Board are:
- Barry Macdonald, Chair, Beedie School of Business Advisory Board; Corporate Director and Chair of the Board, CPA BC
- Evaleen Jaager Roy, Vice Chair, Beedie School of Business Advisory Board; Principal, Jaager Roy Advisory
- Elio Luongo, Past Chair, Beedie School of Business Advisory Board; Chief Executive Officer and Senior Partner, KPMG LLP
- Anders Aspling, Founding Secretary General, Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative (GRLI)
- Ryan Beedie, President, Beedie
- Jérôme Bon, Senior Associate Dean, Tongji SEM, Emeritus Professor ESCP-Europe (Shanghai, China)
- Amiee Chan, CEO, Norsat International
- Robin Dhir, President, Twin Brook Developments Ltd. & Strategic Advisor, Fasken
- Robert Foord, President and Managing Partner, Kal Tire, Inc.
- Jamie Gray-Donald, VP Sustainability & EHS, Enterprise Innovation, QuadReal Property Group
- Mingyu Guan, Partner & Vancouver office Founding Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Dana Hayden, President, Hayden Consulting Services
- Catherine Heath, Vice President, Portfolio Manager, Leith Wheeler Investment Counsel
- Sandra Horvath, Senior Director Business Development, Sage Software
- Stacy Kuiack, Director, BTY Group
- Kenzie Lau-Kwong, Partner, Leaders Quest (Hong Kong)
- James Lee, CEO, Carfield International Limited (Hong Kong)
- Greg Malpass, Founder, CEO, Enabler, Traction on Demand
- Patrick Nangle, CEO, Modo
- Maria Pacella, Senior VP &Portfolio Manager, Private Equity, PenderFund Capital Management Ltd.
- Haroon Rashid, Director, Paradigm Gateway Ltd.
- Lorne Segal, President, Kingswood Properties Ltd.
- Lilian Tan, Managing Director & Senior Advisor, Bank Julius Baer
- Rod Taverner, Owner, Rolling Mix Concrete
- Neslihan Tözge, Founder & Senior Consultant, Blue Ocean Change Management (London, UK / Istanbul, Turkey)
- Lin Zhou, Dean, Antai College of Economics and Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai, China)