How to Apply
2021 Application Deadline
- Round 1: November 27, 2020
- Round 2: January 29, 2021
- Round 3: April 2, 2021
- Final Round: June 18, 2021
Please contact us with any questions. We look forward to speaking with you.
The application process is detailed below. Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed/admitted on an ongoing basis after each application (round) deadline.
If you have any questions during the application process or cannot apply online, please contact the FT MBA office at 778.782.3552 or email@example.com.
Complete online application form
- Please use the Graduate Studies Application System for your official application.
- Upon submission, you will have seven days to pay your application fee in full.
- If you do not pay your application fee within the allotted time, your application will be cancelled.
- Once you have paid your application fee, you may begin to upload required documents.
- Your application will remain open until the cohort intake is closed.
- You are required to submit two reference letters (professional references preferred). Download the Appraiser's Form.
- The online application form will have a section for you to provide information on your two referees.
- Once you have submitted your online application, your referees will be automatically sent an email requesting them to upload their reference letter.
- Once the reference letter has been submitted, your online checklist will be updated.
- You are not entitled to review or submit the letter on behalf of the referee, nor can you request information regarding the content or tone of a reference letter or evaluation.
- Guidelines for the submission of reference letters specify that referees state whether or not the applicant will see the letters.
- All letters of reference received at SFU Beedie School of Business, Graduate Programs will be treated as confidential and will not be shared with or returned to applicants or referees.
- In order to use the online application system, you will need to
pay an application fee of $90 CAN (students with Canadian transcripts)
or $125 CAN (students with international transcripts) by credit card
(MasterCard or Visa).
- If you do not pay the application fee within one week of application completion, your application will be cancelled.
- To pay the application fee, log in to the Graduate Studies Application System with your User ID and password and select 'Make a Payment' from the Application Services page.
Upload and send supporting documents
- Once you have paid the application fee, you may use the online application system to upload supporting documents for review.
- Applications are evaluated in the order in which they are completed.
- It is to your advantage to upload and submit your supporting documents early to avoid application peaks.
Documents to be uploaded online:
Please upload the following supporting documents through the online application system:
Documents to be delivered:
In addition, please deliver the following supporting document(s) to following address:
c/o Central Stores Mail Room, for Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Maggie Benston Student Services Centre 1100
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
- Official transcripts: Official transcripts for
credit courses from the Registrar of each post-secondary institution you
attended must be sent directly to the Graduate Business program office.
Only one copy is required from each institution. If the transcripts are
issued to you, they must be signed and sealed by your post-secondary
institution. Learn more.
- GMAT Score Report: Please inform
the Educational Testing Service to forward your official score report to
our office at Code 6G8-N3-47. GRE Score Report:Please use our
Institution Code 7112 Department 4201.
- TOEFL or IELTS (if applicable): Please
inform the Educational Testing Service to forward your official score
report to our office. Code for TOEFL results: Department code 01;
Institution code 0999.
Ready to begin?
To start the application process, head to our Graduate Studies Application System.
- Within 21 days of receiving your acceptance letter, a non-refundable deposit of $2,000 CDN must be submitted.
- This deposit reserves your seat in the MBA program, and will be applied towards your tuition.
- Graduate students can pay by credit card through the graduate student online application system, or use one of the other methods listed on the page.