of online study.
Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
How to Apply
- November 22, 2020 for January 2021 start
- April 11, 2021 for May 2021 start
- July 16, 2021 for September 2021 start
The application process is detailed below. Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed/admitted on an ongoing basis after each application (round) deadline. Students need to attend a mandatory online, instructor-led Boot camp from May 3-16, 2021. Expect to spend approximately 20 hours completing the various learning activities over this period.
If you have any questions during the application process or are unable to apply online, please contact the GDBA office at 778.782.5259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this page
Complete Online Application Form
- Apply now and start the online application
- Your application remains open for one week while you complete it
- You are required to submit two reference letters.
- The online application form will have a section for information on your two referees.
- Once you have submitted your online application, your referees will be automatically sent an email requesting them to upload their reference letter.
- Once the reference letter is submitted, your online checklist is updated.
- Download the Guide to Writing Reference Letters.
- You are not entitled to review or submit the letter on behalf of the referee, nor can you request information regarding the content or tone of a reference letter or evaluation.
- Guidelines for the submission of reference letters specify that referees state whether or not the applicant will see the letters.
- All letters of reference received at the SFU Beedie School of Business, Graduate Programs are treated as confidential and are being shared with or returned to applicants or referees.
Pay Application Fee
- Once you complete and submit the online application form, you will receive a link to pay your application fee approximately 48 hours later.
- In order to use the online application system, you will need to pay an application fee of $90 CAN (students with Canadian transcripts) or $125 CAN (students with international transcripts) by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
- If you do not pay the application fee within 28 days of starting your application, your application will be cancelled.
Upload and send supporting documents
- Once you have paid the application fee, use the online application system to upload supporting documents for review.
- Applications are evaluated in the order in which they are completed.
- It is to your advantage to upload and submit your supporting documents early to avoid application peaks.
Documents to be uploaded online:
Please upload the following supporting documents through the online application system:
- Resume: A complete resume showing employment, volunteer activities, education and other appropriate information.
- Transcripts: A copy of your official/unofficial transcript to expedite the evaluation process. Signed and sealed official transcripts are still required to be mailed directly to the Graduate Business program office. See below for details. Please note: If your transcripts are not in English and no translation is provided by the university, you'll need to provide an approved translation. Learn more.
- Essay: the essay prompts will be available once you begin your application.
- English proficiency test (if applicable): For those students whose first language is not English and whose previous education has been conducted in a country where English is not the primary language (view a full list of accepted countries), please upload of a copy of the score report in PDF format. Please make sure the Educational Testing Service is informed to forward your official score to our office. ETS Code for TOEFL: Department code 01; Institution code 0999. If ETS requires a departmental code please select the most appropriate choice from this list. The minimum University requirements for test scores are:
93 with minimum of 20 in each category. In order to satisfy the requirement, applicants must achieve the scores listed above on a single test date. TOEFL MyBest (super-scored) results will not be used.
580 and TWE 5
overall band score of 7.0 of the academic (NOT general) test with a minimum of 6.5 in each section
overall 70; minimum 60 in each section
Pearson Academic (PTE)
overall 65; minimum 60 in each section
Cambridge English Qualifications
C1 Advanced - minimum score of 193
Please note: Candidates below the English Language requirements will be asked to retake the test.
Documents to be delivered:
In addition, please deliver the following supporting document(s) to the following address:
c/o Central Stores Mail Room, for Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Maggie Benston Student Services Centre 1100
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
- Official Transcripts: Official transcripts for credit courses from the Registrar of each post-secondary institution you attended must be sent directly to the Graduate Business program office. Only one copy is required from each institution. If the transcripts are issued to you, they must be signed and sealed by your post-secondary institution. Learn more.
- TOEFL or IELTS (if applicable): Please inform the Educational Testing Service to forward your official score report to our office. Code for TOEFL results: Department code 01; Institution code 0999.
Shortlisted candidates are asked to complete an online video interview assessment.
- Within 21 days of receiving your acceptance letter, a non-refundable deposit of $500 CDN must be submitted.
- This deposit reserves your seat in the GDBA program, and will be applied towards your tuition.
- Graduate students can pay by credit card through the graduate student online application system, or use one of the other methods listed on the page.
Segal Graduate School
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC Canada