Growing the wealth
of our nations
Indigenous Business Leadership Executive MBA
How to Apply
This program is not eligible for international students at this time. Our international students are encouraged to explore our Full-Time MBA, Graduate Diploma in Business Administration or Master of Science in Finance programs.
2023 Application Deadlines
- Round 1: November 25, 2022
- Round 2: January 10, 2023
- Round 3: March 31, 2023
- Final Round: May 26, 2023
Please contact us with any questions. We look forward to speaking with you.
The application process is detailed below. Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed and admitted on an ongoing basis after each application deadline.
If you have any questions during the application process or cannot apply online, please contact the Indigenous Business Leadership Executive MBA office firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete online application form
- It is essential to use the Graduate Studies Application System for your official application.
- Upon submission, you will have seven days to pay your application fee in full.
- If you do not pay your application fee within the allotted time, your application will be cancelled.
- Once you have paid your application fee, you may begin to upload required documents.
- Your application will remain open until the cohort intake is closed.
- You are required to submit three reference letters (professional references preferred). Download the Appraiser's Form.
- The online application form will have a section for you to provide information on your three referees.
- Once you have submitted your online application, your referees will be automatically sent an email requesting them to upload their reference letter.
- Once the reference letter has been submitted, your online checklist will be updated.
- You are not entitled to review or submit the letter on behalf of the referee, nor can you request information regarding the content or tone of a reference letter or evaluation.
- Guidelines for the submission of reference letters specify that referees state whether or not the applicant will see the letters.
- All letters of reference received at SFU Beedie School of Business, Graduate Programs will be treated as confidential and will not be shared with or returned to applicants or referees.
Pay application fee
- In order to use the online application system, you will need to pay an application fee of $90 CAN by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
- If you do not pay the application fee within one week of application completion, your application will be cancelled.
- To pay the application fee, log in to the Graduate Studies Application System with your User ID and password and select 'Make a Payment' from the Application Services page.
Upload and send supporting documents
- Once you have paid the application fee, you may use the online application system to upload supporting documents for review.
- Applications are evaluated in the order in which they are completed.
- It is to your advantage to upload and submit your supporting documents early to avoid application peaks.
Documents to be uploaded online:
Please upload the following supporting documents through the online application system:
- Resume: A current resume showing employment, volunteer activities, education and other appropriate information.
- Transcripts: Signed and sealed official transcripts are required to be mailed directly to the Graduate Business program office. See below for details.
- Essay: the essay prompts will be available once you begin your application.
Documents to be delivered:
Official transcripts: Official transcripts for credit courses from the Registrar of each post-secondary institution you attended must be sent directly to the Graduate Business program office. Only one copy is required from each institution. If the transcripts are issued to you, they must be signed and sealed by your post-secondary institution. Please deliver to:
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Maggie Benston Centre 1100
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
Or electronically to email@example.com
- Within 21 days of receiving your acceptance letter, a non-refundable deposit of $250 CDN must be submitted.
- This deposit reserves your seat in the IBL EMBA program and will be applied towards your tuition.
- Graduate students can pay the admission deposit fee by credit card through the graduate student online application system or use one of the other methods listed on the page.
- Please note that only the application fee and admission deposit can be paid with a credit card. All other fees must be paid through internet banking. For more information about fees, please visit: https://www.sfu.ca/students/fees/howtopay.html
Segal Graduate School
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC Canada
Undergraduate & Graduate
250 – 13450 102 Avenue
Surrey, BC Canada