Graduate Certificate in Science & Technology Commercialization
How to Apply
If you are an international applicant, please connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your application.
When selecting the program on our Online Graduate Application
System, look for Invention to Innovation, which is listed as the
"Graduate Certificate in Science & Technology Commercialization".
Program Application Deadline: August 5, 2022
Funding Application Deadlines
Round 1: March 30, 2022
Round 2: May 27, 2022
Round 3:July 13, 2022
Applications will be reviewed/admitted on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions during the application process or cannot apply online, please contact the i2I office at 778.782.6626 or email@example.com.
Complete online application form
- Please use the Graduate Studies Application System for your official application. When selecting the program on our Online Graduate Application System, look for Invention to Innovation, which is listed as the "Graduate Certificate in Science & Technology Commercialization".
- Upon submission, you will have seven days to pay your application fee in full.
- If you do not pay your application fee within the allotted time, your application will be cancelled.
- Once you have paid your application fee, you may begin to upload required documents.
- Your application will remain open until the cohort intake is closed.
- You are required to submit a letter of reference from your supervisor or a colleague in case of a faculty member. Download the Appraiser's Form.
- Once you have submitted your online application, your referee will be automatically sent an email requesting them to upload their reference letter
- Once the reference letter has been submitted, your online checklist will be updated
- You are not entitled to review or submit the letter on behalf of the referee, nor can you request information regarding the content or tone of a reference letter or evaluation
- Guidelines for the submission of reference letters specify that referees state whether or not the applicant will see the letters
- All letters of reference received at SFU Beedie School of Business, Graduate Programs will be treated as confidential and will not be shared with or returned to applicants or referees
- In order to use the online application system, you will need to pay an application fee of $90 CAN (students with Canadian transcripts) or $125 CAN (students with international transcripts) by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
- If you do not pay the application fee within one week of application completion, your application will be cancelled.
- To pay the application fee, log in to the Graduate Studies Application System with your User ID and password and select 'Make a Payment' from the Application Services page.
- If you are applying as a non-degree or exchange student, or would like to reinstate your previous program of study, please contact the department to which you intend to apply.
Upload and send supporting documents
- Once you have paid the application fee, you may use the online application system to upload supporting documents for review.
- Applications are evaluated in the order in which they are completed.
- It is to your advantage to upload and submit your supporting documents early to avoid application peaks.
Documents to be uploaded online
Please upload the following supporting documents through the online application system:
- Resume: A complete resume showing employment, volunteer activities, education and other appropriate information.
- Transcripts: A copy of your official/unofficial transcript to expedite the evaluation process. Signed and sealed official transcripts are still required to be mailed directly to the Graduate Business program office. See below for details. Please note: If your transcripts are not in English and no translation is provided by the university, you'll need to provide an approved translation. Learn more.
- Statement: Innovation Statement detailing your academic background and innovation proposal.
Documents to be delivered
In addition, please deliver the following supporting document(s) to the Graduate Business Program office at the following address:
Invention to Innovation Certificate
SFU Beedie School of Business
Simon Fraser University
3rd Floor, 500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 1W6
Official transcripts: Official transcripts for credit courses from the Registrar of each post-secondary institution you attended must be sent directly to the Graduate Business program office. Only one copy is required from each institution. If the transcripts are issued to you, they must be signed and sealed by your post-secondary institution.
- Within 21 days of receiving your acceptance letter, a non-refundable deposit of $250 CDN must be submitted.
- This deposit reserves your seat in the program, and will be applied towards your tuition.
- Graduate students can pay by credit card through the graduate student online application system, or use one of the other methods listed on the page.