MBA for innovation
Management of Technology MBA
This program is delivered in-person, in Vancouver, Canada on a part-time basis. Please review the program requirements for more detail.
The first of its kind in Canada, SFU Beedie’s part-time, 24-month Management of Technology (MOT) MBA is a rigorous business training program designed specifically for those who:
- foster innovation in their business and processes
- leverage digital technologies strategically
- stay agile in the face of a shifting global landscape
The MOT program curriculum delivers first-hand industry experience and opportunities to build a broad network with leaders in the industry.
At a glance:
- The MOT MBA program is delivered at our downtown Vancouver campus.
- Our students come from a diverse range of industries including healthcare, manufacturing, finance, education, engineering and technology.
- You will get ample opportunities to hone your problem-solving skills through case studies, case competitions and applied projects.
- SFU Beedie's Career Management Centre (CMC) provides students with hands-on career support no matter where your MOT MBA takes you.
Who's it for?
The MOT MBA is designed for working professionals with diverse industry backgrounds who share a passion for technology and a desire to solve complex business problems in innovative ways.
What you'll learn
Our intensive curriculum is designed for people with demanding careers and busy schedules. In our MOT MBA program you will learn industry practices for market-focussed research, strategy and processes formulation, develop project- and people-management skills, use financial analysis to make a business case for your projects, and much more.
Where it can take you
Many of our graduates complete our program equipped with the skills to transition into more rewarding strategic roles and leadership opportunities. Others are able to pivot into fast-growing cutting-edge industries or go on to launch their own ventures.
Our MOT MBA is part-time so you can keep working while you study. This means you can take what you learn in the classroom today to work tomorrow. You can even bring your real-world business challenges into the classroom to tap into the experience and knowledge of your instructors and peers.
Most of your evenings and weekends will be free so that you’re able to maintain your work/study/life balance.
- 24 months part-time
- Monday and Thursday evening classes from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- One weekend intensive a semester*
- September start date
Tuition and Fees
Domestic students (Citizens & Permanent Residents of Canada): $40,172*
*Subject to Board of Governors approval
If you are applying as an international student, please reach out to us at email@example.com before starting an application.
Fees and other costs
Student fees per year (health insurance, transit pass, recreational/athletic facility pass): approximately $3,600.
Course materials: $2,000
For information on funding opportunities, visit Fund Your Degree. Employer sponsorship is also an option; to learn more, visit Benefits to your company.
Career and Program Support
A dedicated career advisor provides personalized support, useful resources and tools, career-building skills to help you stand out, and opportunities to network with industry professionals.
Workshops and career coaching
Through our Career Management Centre you’ll receive one-on-one career coaching and gain access to exclusive workshops run by our in-house experts and industry guests. Specific workshops and coaching include:
- How to build and communicate your brand
- Interview techniques
- Salary negotiating
Mentorship and networking
Here you’ll have the opportunity to expand your network 360 degrees.
SFU Beedie is home to the largest business mentorship program in Western
Canada, with more than 300 mentor/mentee pairs each year. Tap into
their network and expand your own.
If entrepreneurship is your calling, you’ll find countless opportunities to think—and act—like a founder through programs like these:
- RADIUS: Interested in pushing forward new ideas about how our society might work? RADIUS (RADical Ideas, Useful to Society) is a social innovation lab and venture incubator based at SFU Beedie School of Business that provides opportunities for you to engage with local social innovation projects while using your skills to benefit society as a whole.
- Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection: If you have a great idea, Venture Connection could help you turn it into a viable venture. Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection is an SFU-wide program that trains future leaders and innovators, giving them the tools and training to build entrepreneurial skills and turn great ideas into viable ventures.
At the heart of downtown Vancouver is SFU Beedie’s Segal Graduate School campus, a heritage bank reimagined as a 60,000 square-foot landmark housing classrooms, meeting rooms and study spaces.
It’s centrally located with easy access to public transit, which makes getting to and from class exceptionally convenient.
Plus, you’re surrounded by cafes, shops and restaurants. It’s a neighbourhood as vibrant as any.
Connect with our team
Our admissions team is more than happy to answer your questions so you know what you can expect before, during, and beyond your program.
Segal Graduate School
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC Canada
Undergraduate & Graduate
250 – 13450 102 Avenue
Surrey, BC Canada