Management of Technology MBA
How to Apply
2020 Application Deadline
Thank you for your interest in the Management of Technology MBA program. Our application system is now closed for the Fall 2020 intake.
For Fall 2021, you will be able to begin your application in late September 2020.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to speaking with you.
The application process is detailed below. Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed/admitted on an ongoing basis after each application (round) deadline.
If you have any questions during the application process or are unable to apply online, please contact the MOT MBA office at 778.782.5259or email@example.com.
Complete online application form
- Please use the Graduate Studies Application System for your official application.
- Upon submission, you will have seven days to pay your application fee in full.
- If you do not pay your application fee within the allotted time, your application will be cancelled.
- Once you have paid your application fee, you may begin to upload required documents.
- Your application will remain open until the cohort intake is closed.
- You are required to submit three reference letters (professional references preferred). Download the Appraiser's Form.
- The online application form will have a section for you to provide information on your three referees.
- Once you have submitted your online application, your referees will be automatically sent an email requesting them to upload their reference letter.
- Once the reference letter has been submitted, your online checklist will be updated.
- You are not entitled to review or submit the letter on behalf of the referee, nor can you request information regarding the content or tone of a reference letter or evaluation.
- Guidelines for the submission of reference letters specify that referees state whether or not the applicant will see the letters.
- All letters of reference received at SFU Beedie School of Business, Graduate Programs will be treated as confidential and will not be shared with or returned to applicants or referees.
- In order to use the online application system, you will need to pay an application fee of $90 CAN (students with Canadian transcripts) or $125 CAN (students with international transcripts) by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
- If you do not pay the application fee within one week of application completion, your application will be cancelled.
- To pay the application fee, log in to the Graduate Studies Application System with your User ID and password and select 'Make a Payment' from the Application Services page.
Upload and send supporting documents
- Once you have paid the application fee, you may use the online application system to upload supporting documents for review.
- Applications are evaluated in the order in which they are completed.
- It is to your advantage to upload and submit your supporting documents early to avoid application peaks.
Documents to be uploaded online
Please upload the following supporting documents through the online application system:
- Resume: A complete resume showing employment, volunteer activities, education and other appropriate information.
- Transcripts: A copy of your official/unofficial transcript to expedite the evaluation process. Signed and sealed official transcripts are still required to be mailed directly to the Graduate Business program office. See below for details. Please note: If your transcripts are not in English and no translation is provided by the university, you'll need to provide an approved translation. Learn more.
- GMAT Score Report (if applicable): A copy of the GMAT Score Report to expedite the evaluation process. Please make sure the Educational Testing Service is informed to forward your official score to our office at code 6G8-N3-81 Learn about our GMAT Prep Course.
- Essay: A completed essay in PDF form. Download the essay document.
- TOEFL or IELTS Score Report (if applicable): For those students whose first language is not English and whose previous education has been conducted in a country where English is not the primary language (view a full list of accepted countries), please upload of a copy of the score report in PDF format. Please make sure the Educational Testing Service is informed to forward your official score to our office. ETS Code for TOEFL: Department code 01; Institution code 0999.
- TOEFL 93 with a minimum of 20 in each category (internet based exam) and a TWE of 5 (the paper based TOEFL score is also accepted with a minimum score of 580)
- IELTS overall band score of 7.0 with no individual score under 6.5.
Please note: Candidates below the English Language requirements will be asked to retake the test.
Documents to be delivered
In addition, please deliver the following supporting document(s) to the Graduate Business Program office at the following address:
MOT MBA Program
Beedie School of Business
Simon Fraser University
3rd Floor, 500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 1W6
- Official transcripts: Official transcripts for credit courses from the Registrar of each post-secondary institution you attended must be sent directly to the Graduate Business program office. Only one copy is required from each institution. If the transcripts are issued to you, they must be signed and sealed by your post-secondary institution.
- GMAT Score Report: Please inform the Educational Testing Service to forward your official score report to our office at Code 6G8-N3-81.
- TOEFL or IELTS (if applicable): Please inform the Educational Testing Service to forward your official score report to our office. Code for TOEFL results: Department code 01; Institution code 0999.
- Within 21 days of receiving your acceptance letter, a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 CDN must be submitted.
- This deposit reserves your seat in the MOT MBA program, and will be applied towards your tuition.
- Graduate students can pay by credit card through the graduate student online application system, or use one of the other methods listed on the page.