MBA for innovation
Management of Technology MBA
How to Apply
This is a part-time, in-person program in Vancouver, Canada; unfortunately, international students are not eligible to apply.
Our international students are encouraged to explore our Full-Time MBA, Graduate Diploma in Business Administration or Master of Science in Finance programs.
2023 Application Deadline
- Round 1: November 30, 2022
- Round 2: February 24, 2023
- Round 3: April 28, 2023
- Final Round: June 23, 2023
- Application for the Fall 2023 program open October 17, 2022
Please keep in mind that we process applications on a rolling basis, and both admissions and scholarship decisions are handed out between application deadlines. You do not need to wait for a deadline to apply.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
The application process is detailed below.
If you have any questions during the application process or are unable to apply online, please contact the MOT MBA office at 778.782.5259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete online application form
- Please use the Graduate Studies Application System for your official application.
- Upon submission, you will have seven days to pay your application fee in full.
- If you do not pay your application fee within the allotted time, your application will be cancelled.
- Once you have paid your application fee, you may begin to upload required documents.
- Your application will remain open until the cohort intake is closed.
- You are required to submit three reference letters (professional references preferred). Download the Appraiser's Form.
- The online application form will have a section for you to provide information on your three referees.
- Once you have submitted your online application, your referees will be automatically sent an email requesting them to upload their reference letter.
- Once the reference letter has been submitted, your online checklist will be updated.
- You are not entitled to review or submit the letter on behalf of the referee, nor can you request information regarding the content or tone of a reference letter or evaluation.
- Guidelines for the submission of reference letters specify that referees state whether or not the applicant will see the letters.
- All letters of reference received at SFU Beedie School of Business, Graduate Programs will be treated as confidential and will not be shared with or returned to applicants or referees.
Pay application fee
- In order to use the online application system, you will need to pay an application fee of $90 CAN (students with Canadian transcripts) or $125 CAN (students with international transcripts) by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
- If you do not pay the application fee within one week of application completion, your application will be cancelled.
- To pay the application fee, log in to the Graduate Studies Application System with your User ID and password and select 'Make a Payment' from the Application Services page.
Upload and send supporting documents
- Once you have paid the application fee, you may use the online application system to upload supporting documents for review.
- Applications are evaluated in the order in which they are completed.
- It is to your advantage to upload and submit your supporting documents early to avoid application peaks.
Documents to be uploaded online
Please upload the following supporting documents through the online application system:
- Resume: A complete resume showing employment, volunteer activities, education and other appropriate information.
- Transcripts: A copy of your official/unofficial transcript to expedite the evaluation process. Signed and sealed official transcripts are still required to be mailed directly to the Graduate Business program office. See below for details. Please note: If your transcripts are not in English and no translation is provided by the university, you'll need to provide an approved translation. Learn more.
- GMAT Score Report (if applicable): A copy of the GMAT Score Report to expedite the evaluation process. Please make sure the Educational Testing Service is informed to forward your official score to our office at code 6G8-N3-81. For more details on GMAT requirements and GMAT waiver eligibility, please review program requirements.
- Essay: the essay prompts will be available once you begin your application.
- English proficiency test (if applicable): For those students whose first language is not English and whose previous education has been conducted in a country where English is not the primary language (view a full list of accepted countries), please upload of a copy of the score report in PDF format. Please make sure the Educational Testing Service is informed to forward your official score to our office. ETS Code for TOEFL: Department code 01; Institution code 0999. If ETS requires a departmental code please select the most appropriate choice from this list. The minimum University requirements for test scores are:
93 with minimum of 20 in each category. In order to satisfy the requirement, applicants must achieve the scores listed above on a single test date. TOEFL MyBest (super-scored) results will not be used.
580 and TWE 5
overall band score of 7.0 of the academic (NOT general) test with a minimum of 6.5 in each section
overall 70; minimum 60 in each section
Pearson Academic (PTE)
overall 65; minimum 60 in each section
Cambridge English Qualifications
C1 Advanced - minimum score of 193
Please note: Candidates below the English Language requirements will be asked to retake the test.
Documents to be delivered
In addition, please deliver the following supporting document(s) to the following address:
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Maggie Benston Centre 1100
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
- Official transcripts: Official transcripts for credit courses from the Registrar of each post-secondary institution you attended must be sent directly to the Graduate Business program office. Only one copy is required from each institution. If the transcripts are issued to you, they must be signed and sealed by your post-secondary institution. Learn more.
- Within 21 days of receiving your acceptance letter, a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 CDN must be submitted.
- This deposit reserves your seat in the MOT MBA program, and will be applied towards your tuition.
- Graduate students can pay by credit card through the graduate student online application system, or use one of the other methods listed on the page.
Connect with our team
Our admissions team is more than happy to answer your questions so you know what you can expect before, during, and beyond your program.
Segal Graduate School
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC Canada
Undergraduate & Graduate
250 – 13450 102 Avenue
Surrey, BC Canada