MBA for tech
Management of Technology MBA
In this page:
- A four-year undergraduate degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.33 (B) or a grade point average of at least 3.33/4.33 (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses from a recognized University.
- All graduate work is also considered.
- A small number of applicants with extensive work experience may be considered without an undergraduate degree. Each applicant under this category will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Please note: If your transcripts are not in English and no translation is provided by the University, please download the International Transcript requirements.
- Need to upgrade your qualifications? Consider the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration.
- As early as possible, and before booking a GMAT exam, please forward your resume or LinkedIn profile and information about your degree (title, CGPA, and copies of your transcripts, if available) to the SFU Beedie MOT MBA Admissions team, email@example.com. Based on our review of your prior academic and work experience, you may not be asked to take the GMAT exam. Graduates of SFU's GDBA program with a CGPA of 3.5 or higher are also not required to take the exam.
you are required to take a GMAT exam, we require a minimum GMAT score
of 550. We also accept the GRE exam (minimum score of 155 in each
section). Competitive recommendations - GMAT: 600+ or GRE 310+ on the combined verbal and quantitative section.
- If you are submitting a GMAT score, please instruct GMAT to send the original score report directly to the MBA Office, code 6G8-N3-81. It takes up to 20 business days for official scores to arrive at SFU. To ensure there is no delay in the application process, please forward your unofficial GMAT scores to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 778.782.5153.
- The GMAT may be taken as often as desired, and SFU will only consider the highest score. The GMAT score is valid for five years from the exam date.
Learn more about the GMAT
Learn more about our GMAT PREP COURSE
- Work Experience: Applicants must have a
minimum of four years of professional experience following completion of
an undergraduate degree. We give priority to applicants working in
technology-based companies or in technology roles.
- We take a holistic approach in accepting students for our program. We take into consideration your work and life experiences in addition to your grades and test scores.
- All courses in the MOT MBA program are taught in English, therefore all applicants must be fluent in English.
- If your official first language is not English or if you completed your previous degree in a country where English is not the official first language (see a full list of accepted countries), you must demonstrate sufficient command of the English language as evidenced by achieving a satisfactory score on a standardized English test acceptable to the University. Find more information about this requirement.
- The six tests we accept are:
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS)
- The Canadian Academic English Language Test (CAEL)
- Pearson English Language Test (PTE)
- Cambridge English Qualifications
The minimum University requirements for test scores are:
93 with minimum of 20 in each category. In order to satisfy the requirement, applicants must achieve the scores listed above on a single test date. TOEFL MyBest (super-scored) results will not be used.
580 and TWE 5
overall band score of 7.0 of the academic (NOT general) test with a minimum of 6.5 in each section
overall 70; minimum 60 in each section
Pearson Academic (PTE)
overall 65; minimum 60 in each section
Cambridge English Qualifications
C1 Advanced - minimum score of 193
Please note: Candidates below the English Language requirements will be asked to retake the test.
The MOT MBA program is designed for working professionals and delivered in-person, in Vancouver, on a part-time basis. If you are looking to study full-time on an international study permit, please consider our FT MBA program. International students who are currently working in Canada on a work permit may be eligible to apply under specific circumstances.
Entry via Invention to Innovation or GDBA
You may also enter our MOT MBA program through either our Invention to Innovation program or our online Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (GDBA).
If you have completed either of those programs, you may be eligible to
receive course waivers for some MOT MBA courses. For i2I, these could
include: Marketing Technology Based Products and Services and Financing
the Organization. For GDBA course waivers, please visit the MBA pathways page.
Segal Graduate School
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC Canada