Master of Science in Finance
How to Apply
2023 APPLICATION DEADLINE
- Round 1: November 24, 2022
- Round 2: January 29, 2023
- Round 3: March 23, 2023
- Round 4: May 11, 2023 (Final round for international students)
- Round 5: June 15, 2023 (Final round for domestic students)
Applications for the Fall 2023 program open October 17, 2022. Please keep in mind that we process applications on a rolling basis, and both admissions and scholarship decisions are handed out between application deadlines. You do not need to wait for a deadline to apply.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to speaking with you.
The application process is detailed below. You must complete online introductory courses during the months of July and August, prior to Program Orientation and the start of the program in September.
If you have any questions during the application process or are unable to apply online, please contact the MSc Finance office at 778.782.5259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review program requirements before applying
Once we have received your completed application, we will connect with you for an interview.
Complete online application form
- The Graduate Studies Application System must be used for your official application.
- You must submit the initial application form and pay the application fee before you can upload your supporting documents.
- You are required to submit two reference letters. Download the Appraiser's Form.
- The online application form will have a section for you to provide information on your two referees.
- Once you have submitted your online application, your referees will be automatically sent an email asking them to upload their reference letter.
- Once the reference letter has been submitted, your online checklist will be updated.
- You are not entitled to review or submit the letter on behalf of the referee, nor can you request information regarding the content or tone of a reference letter or evaluation.
- Guidelines for the submission of reference letters specify that referees state whether or not the applicant will see the letters.
- All letters of reference received at SFU Beedie School of Business, Graduate Programs will be treated as confidential and will not be shared with or returned to applicants or referees.
- In order to use the online application system, you will need to pay an application fee of $90 CAN (students with Canadian transcripts) or $125 CAN (students with international transcripts) by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
- If you do not pay the application fee within 28 days of starting your application, your application will be cancelled
- To pay the application fee, log in to the Graduate Studies Application System with your User ID and password and select 'Make a Payment' from the Application Services page
Upload and send supporting document
- Once you have paid the application fee, you may use the online application system to upload supporting documents for review.
- Applications are evaluated in the order in which they are completed.
- It is to your advantage to upload and submit your supporting documents early to avoid application peaks.
DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED ONLINE:
Please upload the following supporting documents through the online application system:
DOCUMENTS TO BE DELIVERED:
In addition, please deliver the following supporting document(s) to the following address:
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Maggie Benston Centre 1100
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
- Official Transcripts: Official transcripts for-credit courses from the Registrar of each post-secondary institution you attended must be sent directly to the Graduate Business program office. Only one copy is required from each institution. If the transcripts are issued to you, they must be signed and sealed by your post-secondary institution. Learn more.
- GMAT Score Report (if applicable): Please inform the Educational Testing Service to forward your official score report to our office at Code 6G8-N3-34.
- GRE Score Report: To submit a GRE score, please use our Institution Code 7112 Department 4201.
- TOEFL or IELTS (if applicable): Please inform the Educational Testing Service to forward your official score report to our office. Code for TOEFL results: Department code 01; Institution code 0999.
Within 21 days of receiving your acceptance letter, a non-refundable deposit of $3,000 CDN must be submitted.
This deposit reserves your seat in the MSc Finance program, and will be applied towards your tuition. Please note that if you apply late to the program, we may ask you to pay the deposit in less than 21 days
Graduate students can pay by credit card through the graduate student online application system, or use one of the other methods listed on the page.