Master of Science in Finance
How to Apply
2020 APPLICATION DEADLINE
- Round 1: November 8, 2019
- Round 2: January 31, 2020
- Round 3: March 27, 2020
- Final Round: May 29, 2020
The application process is detailed below. Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed/admitted on an ongoing basis after each application (round) deadline. You must complete online introductory courses during the months of July and August, prior to Program Orientation and the start of the program in September.
If you have any questions during the application process or are unable to apply online, please contact the MSc Finance office at 778.782.5259 or email@example.com.
Please review program requirements before applying
Once we have received your completed application, we will connect with you for an interview.
Complete online application form
- The Graduate Studies Application System must be used for your official application.
- You must submit the initial application form and pay the application fee before you can upload your supporting documents.
- You are required to submit three reference letters. Download the Appraiser's Form.
- The online application form will have a section for you to provide information on your three referees.
- Once you have submitted your online application, your referees will be automatically sent an email asking them to upload their reference letter.
- Once the reference letter has been submitted, your online checklist will be updated.
- You are not entitled to review or submit the letter on behalf of the referee, nor can you request information regarding the content or tone of a reference letter or evaluation.
- Guidelines for the submission of reference letters specify that referees state whether or not the applicant will see the letters.
- All letters of reference received at SFU Beedie School of Business, Graduate Programs will be treated as confidential and will not be shared with or returned to applicants or referees.
- In order to use the online application system, you will need to pay an application fee of $90 CAN (students with Canadian transcripts) or $125 CAN (students with international transcripts) by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
- If you do not pay the application fee within 28 days of starting your application, your application will be cancelled
- To pay the application fee, log in to the Graduate Studies Application System with your User ID and password and select 'Make a Payment' from the Application Services page
Upload and send supporting document
- Once you have paid the application fee, you may use the online application system to upload supporting documents for review.
- Applications are evaluated in the order in which they are completed.
- It is to your advantage to upload and submit your supporting documents early to avoid application peaks.
DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED ONLINE:
Please upload the following supporting documents through the online application system:
- Resume: A complete resume showing employment, volunteer activities, education and other appropriate information.
- Transcripts: A copy of your official/unofficial transcript to expedite the evaluation process. Signed and sealed official transcripts are still required to be mailed directly to the Graduate Business program office. See below for details. Please note: If your transcripts are not in English and no translation is provided by the university, you'll need to provide an approved translation. Learn more.
- GMAT Score Report: Please upload a copy of the GMAT Score Report to expedite the evaluation process. Please make sure the Educational Testing Service is informed to forward your official score to our office at code 6G8-N3-34. Learn about our GMAT Prep Course.
- Essay: A completed essay in PDF form. Download the essay document.
- TOEFL or IELTS (if applicable): For those students whose first language is not English and whose previous education has been conducted in a country where English is not the primary language (view a full list of accepted countries), please upload of a copy of the score report in PDF format. Please make sure the Educational Testing Service is informed to forward your official score to our office. ETS Code for TOEFL: Department code 01; Institution code 0999.
DOCUMENTS TO BE DELIVERED:
In addition, please deliver the following supporting document(s) to the Graduate Business Program office at the following address:
Master of Science in Finance Program
Beedie School of Business
Simon Fraser University
3rd Floor, 500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 1W6
- Official Transcripts: Official transcripts for-credit courses from the Registrar of each post-secondary institution you attended must be sent directly to the Graduate Business program office. Only one copy is required from each institution. If the transcripts are issued to you, they must be signed and sealed by your post-secondary institution.
- GMAT Score Report: Please inform the Educational Testing Service to forward your official score report to our office at Code 6G8-N3-34.
- GRE Score Report: To submit a GRE score, please use our Institution Code 7112 Department 4201.
- TOEFL or IELTS (if applicable): Please inform the Educational Testing Service to forward your official score report to our office. Code for TOEFL results: Department code 01; Institution code 0999.
Within 21 days of receiving your acceptance letter, a non-refundable deposit of $3,000 CDN must be submitted.
This deposit reserves your seat in the MSc Finance program, and will be applied towards your tuition. Please note that if you apply late to the program, we may ask you to pay the deposit in less than 21 days
Graduate students can pay by credit card through the graduate student online application system, or use one of the other methods listed on the page.