Not everyone can press pause on their career. The SFU Beedie PT MBA is designed for working professionals in the Metro Vancouver Regional District. Over 24 months, you’ll progress through the program with a small, diverse cohort of fellow professionals who all bring different perspectives to the table.
Instead of taking a career break, you attend classes two nights a week and apply what you learn the next day. It’s a transformative experience that starts pushing your career forward from day one.
Who it’s for
The 24-month SFU Beedie PT MBA is ideal if you’re a full-time working professional in the early- to mid-stage of your career. You’re ready to learn more and develop new knowledge and skills, without taking a career break. And you’re willing to commit to evening studies at our breathtaking Surrey campus and on a weekend session each semester..
What you’ll learn
The PT MBA curriculum consists of innovative and unique courses—everything from Indigenous perspectives to sustainability. You’ll learn through case studies that give you a deeper understanding of the real-world challenges facing businesses of all types. Simulations let you take the hypothetical role of a decision-maker so you have the opportunity to evaluate business challenges from different angles.
Where it can take you
The program enables you to progress in your career or develop the skills to change paths entirely, while you keep working. The curriculum combines theory and application, enabling you to build your confidence and make effective management decisions.
Study and learn, without taking a career break. The PT MBA encourages knowledge transfer from class, to work, and back again. Bring your real-world business challenges into the classroom, and find out what your instructors and peers would do.
Most of your evenings and weekends will be free to help you maintain your work/study/life balance.
- 24 months part-time
- Monday and Thursday evenings from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- One weekend intensive per semester*
- January start date
* For example: the weekend intensive format could involve a full day Friday, Saturday & Sunday session or 3 recurring full day Saturday sessions.
Tuition and Fees
Domestic students (Citizens & Permanent Residents of Canada): $44,558*
*Subject to Board of Governors approval
Fees and other costs
Student fees per year (health insurance, transit pass, recreational/athletic facility pass): approximately $3,932
Course materials: approximately $1,200
Indigenous Business Environments Offsite Fee: $250
For information on funding opportunities, visit Fund Your Degree. Employer sponsorship is also an option; to learn more, visit Benefits to your company.
Career and Program Support
Our team of career professionals is on call to connect you with career resources, workshops, career counselling and coaching. They’ll work with you to source new career opportunities. Need ideas? Have challenges? That’s what they’re here for. Even after you’ve graduated, our career professionals are here to help.
Workshops and career coaching
Through our Career Management Centre you’ll receive one-on-one career coaching and gain access to exclusive workshops run by our in-house experts and industry guests.
Mentorship and networking
Here you’ll have the opportunity to expand your network 360 degrees.
SFU Beedie is home to the largest business mentorship program in Western
Canada—Mentors in Business, with more than 300 mentor/mentee pairs each
year. Tap into their network and expand your own.
If entrepreneurship is your calling, you’ll find countless opportunities to think—and act—like a founder through programs like these:
- RADIUS: Interested in pushing forward new ideas about how our society might work? RADIUS (RADical Ideas, Useful to Society) is a social innovation lab and venture incubator based at SFU Beedie School of Business that provides opportunities for you to engage with local social innovation projects while using your skills to benefit society as a whole.
- Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection: If you have a great idea, Venture Connection could help you turn it into a viable venture. Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection is an SFU-wide program that trains future leaders and innovators, giving them the tools and training to build entrepreneurial skills and turn great ideas into viable ventures.
Connect with our team
Our admissions team is more than happy to answer your questions so you know what you can expect before, during, and beyond your program.
Segal Graduate School
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC Canada
Undergraduate & Graduate
250 – 13450 102 Avenue
Surrey, BC Canada