How to Apply
We encourage you to apply to SFU Beedie’s Part-Time MBA program as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed/admitted on an ongoing basis.
We’ll notify you if you’ve been shortlisted for an interview within two weeks of receiving your completed application.
Applications for Spring 2024 program opens February 2023.
Spring 2024 Application Deadlines
- Round 1: March 24, 2023
- Round 2: June 2, 2023
- Round 3: August 4, 2023
- Final Round: October 27, 2023
Please keep in mind that we process applications on a rolling basis, and both admissions and scholarship decisions are handed out between application deadlines. You do not need to wait for a deadline to apply.
The application process is detailed below.
If you have any questions during the application process or are applying as an international student, please contact the PT MBA office 778.782.5259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete online application form
- Please use the Graduate Studies Application System for your official application.
- You must submit the initial application form and pay the application fee before you can upload your supporting documents.
- You are required to submit three reference letters (professional references preferred). Download the Appraiser's Form.
- The online application form will have a section for you to provide information on your three referees.
you have submitted your online application, your referees will be
automatically sent an email requesting them to upload their reference
- Once the reference letter has been submitted, your online checklist will be updated.
are not entitled to review or submit the letter on behalf of the
referee, nor can you request information regarding the content or tone
of a reference letter or evaluation.
- Guidelines for the
submission of reference letters specify that referees state whether or
not the applicant will see the letters.
- All letters of reference
received at SFU Beedie School of Business, Graduate Programs will be
treated as confidential and will not be shared with or returned to
applicants or referees.
- In order to use the online application system,
you will need to pay an application fee of $90 CAN (students with
Canadian transcripts) or $125 CAN (students with international
transcripts) by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
- To pay the application fee, log in to the Graduate Studies Application System with your User ID and password.
Upload and send supporting documents
- Once you have paid the application fee, you may use the online application system to upload supporting documents for review.
- Applications are evaluated in the order in which they are completed.
- It is to your advantage to upload and submit your supporting documents early to avoid application peaks.
Documents to be uploaded online
Please upload the following supporting documents through the online application system:
Documents to be delivered
In addition, please deliver the following supporting document(s) to the following address:
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Maggie Benston Centre 1100
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
- Official transcripts: Official transcripts for
credit courses from the Registrar of each post-secondary institution you
attended must be sent directly to office.
Only one copy is required from each institution. If the transcripts are
issued to you, they must be signed and sealed by your post-secondary
institution. Learn more.
- GMAT Score Report: Please inform the Educational Testing Service to forward your official score report to our office at Code 6G8-N3-20.
- TOEFL or IELTS (if applicable): Please
inform the Educational Testing Service to forward your official score
report to our office. Code for TOEFL results: Department code 01;
Institution code 0999.
- Within 21 days of receiving your acceptance letter, a non-refundable deposit of $2,000 CDN must be submitted.
- This deposit reserves your seat in the PT MBA program, and will be applied towards your tuition.
- Graduate students can pay by credit card through the graduate student online application system, or use one of the other methods listed on the page.