Are you smart, experienced and motivated? Are you looking for some extra tools in your professional toolkit that’ll help take your career to the next level? Can you commit to a couple of evenings a week, and one weekend a month? Then our Part-Time MBA program is probably a great fit for you.
In this page
- A four-year undergraduate degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.33 (B) or a grade point average of at least 3.33/4.33 (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses from a recognized University.
- All graduate work is also considered.
- Please note: If your transcripts are not in English and no translation is provided by the University, please download the International Transcript requirements.
- Need to upgrade your qualifications? Consider the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration.
- As early as possible, and before booking a GMAT exam, please forward your resume or LinkedIn profile and information about your degree (title, CGPA, and copies of your transcripts, if available) to the SFU Beedie PT MBA Admissions team, firstname.lastname@example.org. Based on our review of your prior academic and work experience, you may not be asked to take the GMAT exam. Graduates of SFU's GDBA program with a CGPA of 3.5 or higher are also not required to take the exam.
- If you are required to take the GMAT exam, we require a minimum GMAT score of 550. We also accept the GRE exam (minimum score of 155 in each section). Competitive recommendations - GMAT: 600+ or GRE 310+ on the combined verbal and quantitative section.
- If you are submitting a GMAT score, please instruct GMAT to send the original score report directly to the PT MBA Office, code 6G8-N3-20. It takes up to 20 business days for official scores to arrive at SFU. To ensure there is no delay in the application process, please forward your unofficial GMAT scores to email@example.com or fax 778.782.5153.
- The GMAT may be taken as often as desired, and SFU will only consider the highest score. The GMAT score is valid for five years from the exam date.
Learn more about the GMAT
Learn more about our GMAT PREP COURSE
- Applicants should have a minimum of four years of professional work experience following completion of an undergraduate degree, with some management responsibilities.
- We take a holistic approach in accepting students for our program. We take into consideration your work and life experiences in addition to your grades and test scores.
- All courses in the MOT MBA program are taught in English, therefore all applicants must be fluent in English.
- If your primary language is not English or your previous education has been conducted in a country where English is not the primary language (see a full list of accepted countries), you must demonstrate sufficient command of the English language as evidenced by achieving a satisfactory score on a standardized English test acceptable to the University. Find more information about this requirement.
- The six tests we accept are:
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS)
- The Canadian Academic English Language Test (CAEL)
- Pearson English Language Test (PTE)
- Cambridge English Qualifications
The minimum University requirements for test scores are:
93 with minimum of 20 in each category. In order to satisfy the requirement, applicants must achieve the scores listed above on a single test date. TOEFL MyBest (super-scored) results will not be used.
580 and TWE 5
overall band score of 7.0 of the academic (NOT general) test with a minimum of 6.5 in each section
overall 70; minimum 60 in each section
Pearson Academic (PTE)
overall 65; minimum 60 in each section
Cambridge English Qualifications
C1 Advanced - minimum score of 193
Status in Canada
- Please note: The PT MBA Program is unable to consider applicants who are not currently working or have not been offered a full-time job in Vancouver or the surrounding area.
- Learn more about being an international student at SFU, please visit.
- Download a copy of SFU’s Pre-Arrival Guide for newly admitted international and exchange students.
Transfer from GDBA
Students who have completed the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (and have met the CGPA and other requirements of the MBA program) may qualify to apply to have some courses in the MBA program waived. Completion of the GDBA with a 3.5 GPA allows prospective applicants for the MBA program to waive the GMAT requirement.
Segal Graduate School
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC Canada