Graduates FT MBA Admissions Requirements
The MBA that
puts you first
The SFU Beedie School of Business is a globally recognized institution that attracts future business leaders, creatives, and visionaries. If you want to join a community of future changemakers, socially responsible leaders, movers and shakers then find out if you qualify for admission to the SFU Beedie MBA program. Here’s what it takes to get into the program.
An undergraduate degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.33 (B) or a grade point average of at least 3.33/4.33 (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses from a recognized university. Please review the academic requirements for the country in which you completed your degree.
At the application stage, candidates can upload unofficial transcripts to expedite the process.
GMAT or GRE
We require a minimum GMAT score of 550. We also accept the GRE exam (minimum score of 155 in each section).
At the application stage, candidates must upload unofficial test scores.
GMAT/GRE waiver policy:
We have decided to consider GMAT/GRE waivers for the Fall 2023 intake of the Full-Time MBA program. Applications must be submitted in full including all supporting documents uploaded to the online application form.
To be eligible, candidates are required to meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Completed a Master’s degree or a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree with a minimum academic average of B or equivalent, combined with a Bachelor’s degree and have completed a minimum of four quantitative courses and obtained a grade of B or higher in each quantitative course.
- Graduated from Simon Fraser University with distinction (CGPA of 3.5) and have completed a minimum of four quantitative courses and obtained a grade of B or higher in each quantitative course.
- Started the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration at Simon Fraser University and have completed Financial and Managerial Accounting and Managerial Finance with a grade of B or higher.
- Completed a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration at a Canadian institution combined with a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum academic average of B or equivalent and have completed a minimum of four quantitative courses and obtained a grade of B or higher in each quantitative course. Please note that course credits are not transferable to the SFU Beedie Full-Time MBA program.
- Completed a defined type of Post Degree Diploma or Post-Baccalaureate Diploma at Douglas College with a 3.0 CGPA or higher. Defined Post Degree Diplomas (PDD) include: Accounting, Accounting Studies, Data Analytics, Financial Analysis, Global Banking and Economics, and Supply Chain Management. Defined Post-Baccalaureate diplomas (PBD) include: Accounting, Advanced Supply Chain Management, Computer and Information Systems – Cybersecurity, Computer and Information Systems – Data Analytics, Computer and Information Systems – Emerging Technology, Finance, and International Supply Chain Management. Please note that course credits are not transferable to the SFU Beedie Full-Time MBA program.
- Completed any level of the CFA exam and a bachelor’s degree with a minimum academic cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.33 (B) or a grade point average of at least 3.33/4.33 (B+) based on the last 60 credits or equivalent.
Applicants who meet the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth criteria must complete the GMAT/GRE waiver form and attach the form to their application.
Applicants who meet the sixth criteria can provide proof of their CFA designation directly to the GMAT score section of the application.
GMAT/GRE waivers are not guaranteed and approvals are made on a case-by-case basis. If a waiver cannot be granted, applicants will receive a notification that a GMAT or GRE test will be required for their application to move forward.
Resume & Work Experience
Applicants should have a minimum of two years of full-time professional work experience following completion of an undergraduate degree.
A current resume that includes academic experience, work experience, memberships in professional associations, and volunteer and community activities.
You are required to submit contact information for two professional references on the online application form. You can review the Appraiser's Form here.
The essay questions are designed to help us get to know you. There is no “right” answer. Essay prompts are provided in the application system.
Please review the language requirements for your country of citizenship and/or the country in which you completed your degree.
The minimum University requirements for the 6 test scores we accept are:
93 with minimum of 20 in each category. In order to satisfy the requirement, applicants must achieve the scores listed above on a single test date. TOEFL MyBest (super-scored) results will not be used.
580 and TWE 5
Overall band score of 7.0 of the academic (NOT general) test with a minimum of 6.5 in each section
Overall 70; minimum 60 in each section
Pearson Academic (PTE)
Overall 65; minimum 60 in each section
Cambridge English Qualifications
C1 Advanced - minimum score of 193
Please note: Candidates below the English Language requirements will be asked to retake the test.
Three Video Questions and One Written Response
You will be provided with a link to the KIRA Platform for you to complete these questions after your documents have been uploaded. You will be asked 4 random questions which are designed to allow the Admissions Committee to get to know you better.
Official transcripts for credit courses from the Registrar of each post-secondary institution you attended must be sent directly to the Graduate Studies office. If the transcripts are issued to you, they must be signed and sealed by your post-secondary institution.
Please note: If your transcripts are not in English and no translation is provided by the University, please download the International Transcript requirements.
Transcripts may be sent electronically via a secure delivery service, such as Parchment, or directly from official institutional email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, please arrange to have your transcript sent to the following address:
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Maggie Benston Centre 1100
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
Please note that each transcript is subject to review prior to acceptance.
GMAT or GRE scores:
Applicants must instruct GMAT or GRE to send the original score report directly to the MBA Office,
GMAT: code 6G8-N3-47
GRE: Institution Code 7112 Department 4201
For TOEFL, SFU's Institution Code is 0999, a departmental code is not required. Code for TOEFL results: Department code 01; Institution code 0999.
For IELTS, log in to the website of the IELTS test centre and click 'Apply for additional TRFs' in the left-hand menu of your results page. Fill out the application form online
In India, the British Council is able to transmit electronically to SFU. Please use the following information when submitting your test scores: Organization ID 2036 - Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby BC, V5A 1S6.
For all other scores, please follow the instructions outlined by our Graduate Studies office here: https://www.sfu.ca/gradstudies/apply/applying/english-language.html.
For more information, please refer to our Application Process.
Who are we looking for?
Leadership & Engagement
At the SFU Segal Graduate School, our students have a history of being actively engaged in their communities while being pioneers of new programs and initiatives to make a difference in their workplace and society. We want students who possess a sense of social responsibility and demonstrable leadership abilities who can innovate businesses locally and globally.
SFU Beedie students bring strong work experience, maturity and professional skills to the classroom. Our students are able to engage in meaningful and thought-provoking class discussions by tapping into their unique work examples. We want students whose diverse backgrounds and experiences positively impact the networking and learning environment both inside and outside the classroom.
As an internationally recognized school with a proven track record of academic excellence, we attract intellectual and intelligent students from around the globe. Excellence is embedded in the culture and heart of SFU Beedie School of Business. We want students who are ready and willing to rise to the challenge of a robust curriculum and emerge as successful graduates of our MBA program.
Need to upgrade your qualifications?
If your undergraduate performance is not reflective of your current ability, the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (GDBA) could be a good starting point on your MBA journey. The GDBA is a competitive credential that offers the rigour of MBA-level courses with more flexibility. Delivered 100% online, your GDBA can also be applied toward a future MBA at SFU Beedie. Completion of 14 GDBA credits allows prospective students to apply to ladder to the MBA Program and a 3.5 GPA allows for a waiver of the GMAT requirement. Additionally, the GDBA CGPA will be taken into consideration when applying to the SFU MBA Program.
Apply to this Program
Connect with our Admissions Team
Fill out this form and we will connect with you to schedule an advising session.
Download brochure | Read in Browser
Wednesday, May 31, 2023
08:00am - 09:00am
Info Session | Online | Webinar | Admissions | FTMBA
Please contact us by
Connect with our team
Our admissions team is more than happy to answer your questions so you know what you can expect before, during, and beyond your program.