big picture thinker
Bachelor of Business Administration
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) prepares you to apply big-picture thinking to real-world business problems. Whether you want a fast-paced career, the skills to pursue new ventures, or the chance to reimagine how the world perceives business, you’ll benefit from a program of learning relevant and customized to you.
- Break the mold of traditional business education. The four-year SFU Beedie BBA delivers the versatility and skills required in the ever-shifting global business landscape.
- Prioritize applied problem-solving experiences and extend your learning beyond the classroom through case learning.
- Some programs limit your options; the SFU Beedie BBA expands them. Tailor your learning with the choice to pursue more than one of our nine areas of concentration in your final two years.
- Build career development into your degree program from day one. Our dedicated Career Management Centre (CMC) assists with career development, including career prep programs, coaching, exclusive recruitment events, job postings, and more.
- No matter where you are in your journey, you have a home here. Open to direct entry and transfer students, we support transfer students through a customized faculty orientation and an integrated course model. Many transfer students complete their degree in as little as two years.
The SFU Beedie Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is an academic and career pathway for curious, independent thinkers. It is an education uniquely your own, with a personal selection of concentrations, courses, experiences and complementary activities tailored to your goals.
- Build a personalized skillset to stand apart through any combination of our nine diverse areas of concentration in your final two years. Blend experience-based learning, group projects, and independent work, within a flexible curriculum of core business and critical thinking skills.
- Expand your knowledge across disciplines. Add a certificate, joint major, or minor to your degree, and signal to employers that you are agile, inventive and ready to lead.
- Local and global experience-based education supports your growth inside and outside the classroom. Put learning and theory into action and build a worldwide network of connections through Co-op opportunities, International Exchange, Case Competitions, and more.
- Harness the power of community. Strong connections with local and international partners provide insights into the realities of leadership and strategic decision-making. It’s straight-from-the-source feedback from those on the frontlines of the modern business landscape. Our ties with the business community mean you benefit from experience-based opportunities and support from business professionals invested in your success.
- Experiences, friendships, and community contributions play equal parts in shaping your future. Enrich your learning through 250+ clubs, a thriving student society, case competitions, and countless leadership and community opportunities. Whether you are a high school student entering your first year, or a transfer student from another institution, customized orientations for each incoming class help develop your SFU Beedie community from the start.
- Learn from the best. Our faculty, lecturers, and instructors are respected thought leaders defining business in the 21st century. Faculty use their research skills to advance our understanding of complex issues, and as accomplished teachers, they bring the latest ideas into their classrooms.
Study what, where, and when you want with customizable program options, day and evening classes, and campuses across the lower mainland. Whatever your goals, our trimester system lets you balance your studies while gaining work experience: Complete your degree in four years, take a term off for co-op, study abroad, or pursue a joint major with another SFU faculty.
- Program Length: 4-years, full time
- Academic Year: September-August
- Academic Terms Per Year: 3 (Fall, Spring, Summer)
- Admission Entry: Every term*
- Experiential Learning Terms: Ability to complete co-op or study abroad in any of the 3 terms.
- Classes Offered: Day and night; Burnaby and Surrey campuses.
* Note: there is no admission to summer term for high school applicants
Tuition, Fees, and Financing
Visit the SFU Student Services website for a detailed breakdown of international and domestic undergraduate tuition fees.
The SFU Beedie School of Business connects you with financial advising and support through scholarships, bursaries, awards, and information on programs that can meet your needs. SFU Beedie students earned $2.8 million in scholarships, awards, and bursaries in 2021/22.
Funding opportunities available to SFU Beedie students may be needs-based, merit-based, or GPA dependent, or driven by individual student initiative. These include:
- Scholarships recognizing outstanding academic achievement
- Bursaries awarded and based on demonstrated financial need
- Awards acknowledging outstanding achievements or contributions to the community
- Loans and government assistance, such as student loans, grants, and lines of credit
- Work Study programs that connect you with the SFU community
- Paid Co-op study opportunities
- Part-time work on- and off-campus
- Paid Internships
- Teaching Assistantship, Research Assistantship
Learn more through our Fund Your Degree page.
Personalized Career and Program Support
Career Management Centre
The Career Management Centre works exclusively with BBA students, offering resources and services to assist with lifelong career management. Focused on your future career success, we offer one-on-one advising, workshops, career talks, company tours, mentoring, networking opportunities, recruitment events, job postings and more.
Professional advisors are ready to assist with your academic questions and concerns. Not sure which concentration(s) to pick? Unsure how to add a certificate or minor, or which electives will enhance your technical or creative problem-solving skills? Get guidance and strategies to help you achieve your educational goals, seize opportunities, and connect you with resources tailored to your needs. An Academic Advisor can help you plan your upcoming term or chart your unique degree pathway.
Student Development & Engagement
Develop your future network of business leaders and foster lifelong connections through student clubs, business case competitions, conferences, leadership programs, and more. Learn everything you need to know about each of these opportunities with support from the SFU Beedie’s Student Development & Engagement Office.
Cooperative Education (Co-op)
Take advantage of one of the largest Co-op programs in Western Canada. Network with potential employers, gain career-related experience and learn real-world skills—all while earning a salary. SFU Beedie has Co-op opportunities at home and abroad, and the eCoop program allows you to work full-time on your very own start-up—complete with mentorship and space from Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection.
For more details, visit the SFU Beedie Co-op website.
Office of International Programs
Gain a global perspective and immerse yourself in international business practices through international exchange, field schools, and other initiative. To learn more about studying at one of our 50+ partner universities around the world, visit the Study Abroad website.
The SFU Beedie School of Business is based in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia—Canada’s Asia Pacific Gateway and a growing hub for international trade, entrepreneurship and technology. As a BBA Major student, you can complete your core business courses at either Burnaby or Surrey, with industry events and special lecture series available in the heart of downtown Vancouver.
Learn more about your course requirements here.
Meet current Students
Learn about the SFU Beedie BBA experience and how to make it your own, from those who are living it.Meet our Students
Connect with Us
Learn more about the program and get in touch with our recruitment and admissions team here.