Navigating the now
Resources and insights to support the SFU Beedie community through the COVID-19 and other crisis, as we navigate uncertainty and identify emerging trends.
SFU Change Makers: Health Sciences Professor Julia Smith joins Joy Johnson, VP Research and International, to discuss how COVID-19 impacts genders differently
Jun 29, 2020
Gervase Bushe on how COVID-19 will impact leadership development
Aug 20, 2020
Speaking to Customers in Uncertain Times - how to connect when we can't talk face to face
Aug 11, 2020
Insights and Outlook
- How Coronavirus is impacting our moods – and what to do about it. The coronavirus has disrupted our daily lives and will likely continue to do so. Read some evidence-based suggestions on how to keep it from sparking conflict.
- How coronavirus is changing the rules on foreign investment in essential areas. The pandemic has highlighted concerns about foreign investment in strategic industries and resulted in some enhanced screening that will impact global trade
- COVID-19 and the open-concept office: Is it time to renovate? Terri Griffith, Keith Beedie Chair in Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Simon Fraser University, spoke to the Vancouver Sun on the software and hardware changes adapting work will require
Videos and Webinars
- Bringing anti-racism and allyship to the business forefront. A panel discussion around the history of racism in Canada and addressing structural inequities and racism in our society in a business context.
- Numbers and Racial Data Collection. With anti-Asian racism and the Black Lives Matter movement drawing renewed attention, it's pertinent to examine how data collection can help understand hate crimes and racial injustice. A two-part series of panel discussions hosted in collaboration with the Chinese Canadian Historical Society of BC, Langara College Centre for Intercultural Engagement, and Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden.
- Looking Beyond the Pandemic. What's next for International Human Resource Management? Watch the recorded webinar with HRM experts Dana Minbaeva, Helen DeCieri and Angelika Zimmerman.
- Cybersecurity and Covid19: What's happening. SFU Beedie's Professor Michael Parent and ICD’s CEO Rahul Bhardwaj explore this critical issue for boards and provide them with five key questions they should be asking.
Webinar: Recruiting in the Middle of a Pandemic
SFU Beedie's Graduate Career Management Centre invited a panel of recruiters specializing in finance, technology, healthcare, sales and supply chain management to share their industry insight and stories about employment prospects during a time of global pandemic.
Support Our Students
Career Management Centre: partner with us to connect with the right talent for your needs, or to find ways to share your experience and contribute to our students' growth through mentorship or guest lectures.
Individuals or teams participating in the eCoop program receive funding and earn university credit while focusing full-time on their start-up.
There are multiple funding opportunities for employers planning to hire students. SFU has introduced temporary measures that help you qualify for them.
Meet the eight student teams funded by the Express COVID-19 Social Innovation Seed Funding
Jun 23, 2020
SFU Surrey’s TD Community Engagement Centre transitions to virtual volunteering amid COVID-19
Jun 17, 2020
"Accessing Indigenous Knowledge," a webinar series providing an online space to hear Indigenous speakers, as a way to access the tools and knowledge that can strengthen response and connnection
Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
SFU Beedie's GDBA can boost your career by giving you a greater understanding of the different functional areas of a company. It has been delivered online for more than 20 years, allowing students to keep working full-time while furthering their education.