Apply to Graduate
You are eligible to apply for graduation during the term in which you are completing your final degree requirements. To avoid missing any deadlines and late penalties, please apply to graduate in the second week of your last term.
- Ensure that all of your degree and certificate programs, including related concentrations, are accurately declared on your transcript. To do so, complete the Concentration Declaration Webform or Certificate Declaration Webform to request any necessary updates before applying for graduation.
- Visit an Academic Advisor to complete a graduation check before your course enrollment date for your last term. This ensures that you will be able to register for courses required for graduation.
- Review the SFU deadlines webpage for important dates and associated fees related to graduation applications. Note: if you are completing both a degree (BBA) and a certificate, you will need to apply and pay the application fee for each credential.
First Week of Classes:
If you did not do so in the previous term, complete steps 1 to 3 under “Second to Last Term” above.
Second Week of Classes:
- Complete and submit your online graduation application(s) through go.sfu.ca and pay your graduation fee. Review the deadlines website more information on deadlines, fees, penalties, and refunds. Questions? Contact email@example.com
- Have an outstanding grade change? Ensure any grade changes have been processed by the end of your final term as grades cannot be altered following graduation. Consult with an SFU Beedie Academic Advisor
- Review important convocation information, including the dates and times of the convocation ceremonies.
Once you have applied and paid your graduation fee, SFU Beedie School of Business will review your application. Once final grades are released, we complete a final review and if you satisfy all graduation requirements, you will be recommended to Senate for graduation. Senate will meet in the upcoming term to award degrees. This is the same term that the convocation ceremony is held.
If we find that you are missing a graduation requirement(s), SFU Beedie School of Business will contact you through your SFU email account. It is important that you check your email regularly during your final term.