Professional Development Funding
The Student Engagement and Development Office provides funding support for Undergraduate Business students to participate in Professional Development Activities. The Beedie School of Business encourages students to pursue Professional Development activities to learn, meet, and connect with the business community while gaining exposure to new innovative ideas.
- Must be a current SFU student majoring or minoring in Business
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 9 units of standard graded courses at SFU in the term of application or engaging in a full-time co-op placement
- Be in good academic standing at the time of application
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2023
- Applications are due no later than 30 days prior to the conference
Following is a breakdown of the funding available based on the activity cost:
|Total cost||Coverage||Maximum amount|
|$150||75% to 100%||$150|
|$151 to $250||65% to 90%||$225|
|$251 to $400||50% to 80%||$320|
|$401 to $600||40% to 70%||$420|
|Over $601||20% to 50%||$500|
Funds will be allocated based on quality, eligibility, activity cost, demonstrated interest in the event topic and how it will enhance your professional growth.
- Funding from the Student Engagement and Development Office is only partial support and will likely not cover the entire amount of your Professional Development activity, depending on the total cost. This funding works as a reimbursement model, so you are expected to pay your expenses and upon demonstrating attendance and receipts you will be reimbursed/refunded.
- Professional Development Activities include but not limited: Conferences, Workshops, Networking events, Training seminars, Webinars
- Virtual, hybrid or in person events will be eligible to receive Professional Development Funding
Please use this application form to request funding.