Beedie Endowment Asset Management Fund
Founded in 2011 with the generous support of the Beedie family, Beedie Endowment Asset Management (BEAM) is an experiential learning program for undergraduate students from Simon Fraser University's Beedie School of Business.
- BEAM is one of the largest undergraduate student investment funds in Canada, with $8.25 million (as of December 31, 2022) invested in Canadian equities, global equities, fixed income, and cash.
- BEAM members are responsible for fund operations, preparing economic research and analysis, and making investment decisions. SFU Beedie faculty and staff oversee the program providing support and guidance to the students.
- BEAM is not a trading game or simulation. It manages a portfolio on behalf of Simon Fraser University and is ranked along with the university's professional money managers. Fund performance and compliance are tracked daily by BEAM members, and reported on at quarterly reviews.
- Students selected for BEAM undergo a rigorous, hands-on training program including Bloomberg terminal certification, financial analysis, and equity research. The emphasis is on developing the same applied skills that would be expected in a real-world finance job.
- BEAM accepts approximately 10-15 students per year with successful applicants joining the program for two years.
Segal Graduate School
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC Canada