Management Consulting Career Preparation
To apply, please refer to the Beedie Community job portal and submit the required components listed on the job posting to be considered for interviews. Applications for non-business students* are located on the myExperience page.
A number of select applicants will be invited to the interview rounds. Students who pass the application screening process will advance to the interview rounds.
- First Round Interview: 30 min individual case interview
- Final Round Interview: 20-30 min behavioural/personal fit interview
Students who succeed in both interview rounds will be invited to participate in the program for the year.
As landing a position in this industry is very competitive (roughly less than 1% of applications advance to an offer), we balance the opportunity for students to get involved in this program with the requirements of the industry itself.
- Academics – The industry benchmark is a 3.5 CGPA (~80%). It is preferred that applicants have an overall average at or above this benchmark, with strong performance in quantitative courses, however this is NOT the minimum cut-off.
- Professional Experiences – These experience(s) must show your aptitude for essential skills for a career in consulting, such as leadership, teamwork, analytical capabilities, relationship management, etc.
- Extracurricular Involvement – Involvement where you have went above and beyond, made an individual impact, and improved the community shows your ability to be a leader. Experiences such as case competitions, consulting experience (pro-bono or paid), presidency in student organizations, and sports are some examples of extracurricular involvement that are strongly considered.
- Unique Attributes – Consultants are not only high achievers, but come with an array of diverse attributes that sets them apart. Aside from being involved with professional and extracurricular activities, firms look at life experiences of applicants that make to provide a valuable, new perspective for clients. Most firms look for candidates that excel in other areas outside of business-related activities. What makes you different?
* In partnership with SFU Beedie CMC, 80% of seats are to be held for Business students (defined as Majors, Minors, and Joint-Majors), while 20% are open to non-Business students.
Segal Graduate School
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC Canada
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC Canada