big picture thinker
Requirements: High School
You’ve researched our programs and explored our opportunities. You feel a connection. SFU’s Beedie School of Business is where you want to study to gain the experience, knowledge, and skills that will give you a career advantage. This is the moment you put your plan into action and start your application.
This application is for you if:
- You are a secondary student completing your studies in the upcoming year or;
- You previously graduated from a secondary school and have completed fewer than 24 units of transferrable academic work at another post-secondary institution
- Your marks in grade 11 and grade 12 courses (or equivalent) are in the 80s range or higher
Requirements for Admission
In addition to fulfilling the requirements for admission to SFU, you must also meet the specific admission requirements for SFU Beedie School of Business.
British Columbia high school
Secondary school applicants are competitively selected for admission in the fall and spring terms (only) by:
- Meeting SFU’s English language requirement
- Meeting SFU's quantitative and analytical skills requirement
- Having marks in grade 11 and grade 12 courses (or equivalent) in the 80s range or higher
- A strong Supplemental Application
Required Grade 11 course categories:
- English 11
- Language 11
- Math 11
- Science 11 or Specialized Science 12
- Social Studies 11 or 12
Grade 12 requirements:
- Minimum of five Grade 12 courses, including three from List A (English Studies 12 or equivalent, Pre-Calculus 12, and one course from the approved list), and two additional courses from List A or B.
- English Studies 12 (or equivalent) with a minimum final blended grade of 70%.
Admission is based on an evaluation of all approved Grade 11 and 12 courses, with greater emphasis on List A courses.
Students Outside of British ColumbiaFor admission requirements outside of the B.C. High School curriculum, including International Baccalaureate, British Patterned Education, and other International curriculums from countries around the world, please visit SFU’s Admission requirements.
Marks matter, but so do your experiences, achievements and communication skills. The Supplemental Application brings to life your experiences and personality. It is your chance to share with us a complete picture of who you are and why an SFU Beedie education is right for you.
What to expect
- A short answer essay question that reveals more about who you are and demonstrates your communication skills
- A place to describe your extra-curricular activities. From athletics and artistic pursuits to volunteer work and community involvement – tell us about your interests and what makes you unique
- A request for two references. One must be a school teacher or counsellor, and both should be able to speak to your character, achievements and extracurricular activities
- Something you want to share that doesn’t fit into the options above? We have a space for that!
- Already applied to SFU Beedie? Tell us what you’ve accomplished since your previous application.
- Payment of the Supplemental Application fee
- Learn what makes a successful applicant, how to best prepare, and answers to our frequently asked questions by visiting our Supplemental Overview page
Frequently Asked Questions
Join us for a 45-minute webinar to learn about our program and admission requirements, ask questions, and decide if SFU Beedie is right for you.
You can also connect with a recruiter over email or Zoom.Learn more
Connect with our academic advising team.
Website Page: Academic Advising